Thread: squirrels with warbles

squirrels with warbles

found this today cause i was unsure about eating squirrels with warbles early in the season, im guessing with would go the same for deer also.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...d.php?t=128081

I may catch heat for it.. But in the rare event that I shoot one with a warble i toss em... Nothing in nature goes to waste.

*Supporting member II* DJK Frank 16's Avatar
    I'm with Joe, I wouldn't even mess with it. Then again, I don't squirrel hunt very much either. Getting the itch to shoot something though.

toss the warble or the squirrel ?

Quote Originally Posted by swamp_donkey819 View Post
    toss the warble or the squirrel ?
    The whole squirrel. They may be safe to eat but then again so are deer assholes.. But you won't catch me frying up a batch of them. I would love for a biologist to tell me this directly, my first words will be "Then you eat it"... Bet they don't

lol yea thats true them biologist wont eat them i have yet to shoot a squirrel with warbles during the beginning of season but i guess its still very possible

Blog Entries
    i cut out the affected meat , still tatses good
    i fish to live and i live to fish

right ill prolly do the same, unless it has 4 or 5 warble then thats alot of meat gone, never worried about warble before but with all this heat this year was really unsure if they would still have them or not, my buddy said not every single one is gonna have them

*Co-Owner - Admin* bowhunter1023's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    I may catch heat for it.. But in the rare event that I shoot one with a warble i toss em... Nothing in nature goes to waste.
    I do the same. It's been a few years since I've killed one that had them. But I'll be damned if I'm eating a tree rat loaded with those little bastards!
    "And a country boy is all I'll ever be..."

Live to hunt. Hunt to live. It's just how I live...

Blog Entries
    if its just one ill keep it any more then one i pitch em
    i fish to live and i live to fish

im with joe and jesse i toss the whole thing. Those damn things make my skin crawl. Not much can weird me out but warbles do.

I leave them for the hawks. I used to have a neighbor that would eat them and I would always give any with a warble to him. He has moved so I now leave them for the other predators. I usually kill a couple a year with a warble or two.