Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2012 - 2013 The Ohio Outdoors Deer Contest Rules

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I cant wait for this TOO start. So if we take a youth out and take pics we get 5 bonus points? Do they have to shoot something for the points?

No they don't have to shoot anything. This is something we do to try and give everyone a reason to introduce the outdoors to some youth. Kinda passing on the torch if you will.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I still cant find the rule about checking in by a certain date to be in the contest....

We are not that big on everything being a "rule". If you signed up and haven't checked in by now then how much do you really wanna be in it?

Did you get left out of a team? I would contact Hunt2 as he is putting together another team I believe.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
So, are the extra points just for taking a youth out, or can you get them for taking a new hunter (any age) on a hunt?

I have a new daughter-in-law that is interested in learning to crossbow hunt. She's never been hunting, but loves deer meat so I suggested she learn how to get her own!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
So, are the extra points just for taking a youth out, or can you get them for taking a new hunter (any age) on a hunt?

I have a new daughter-in-law that is interested in learning to crossbow hunt. She's never been hunting, but loves deer meat so I suggested she learn how to get her own!

New hunters are fine. The goal is to reward members who take time to introduce others to the sport.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
New hunters are fine. The goal is to reward members who take time to introduce others to the sport.

Thanks. Now I'll have to explain to her husband (my son!) that NO she can not hunt in a camo thong! Well, not as her only outfit. lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks. Now I'll have to explain to her husband (my son!) that NO she can not hunt in a camo thong! Well, not as her only outfit. lmao

Diane this post is worthless without pictures hahaha j/k congratulations on the new hunting partner.....

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
My son thinks it would be great to get those pictures and post them, but my DIL is not agreeing to it!

She doesn't think she can actually pull the trigger on "bambi" but wants the meat. I told her when the time arrived, I had no doubt she could carry through with it. After all, she is no longer grossed out over me working with the deer skulls, so she'll do fine.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
To qualify do we have to have a picture of the deer and hunter together?
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A question on the Youth Bonus Points. The rules state younger than 16.
Does that mean a 16 yr old is too old? And only 15 yr olds and younger?
Frank

huntn2

Hudson, OH
A question on the Youth Bonus Points. The rules state younger than 16.
Does that mean a 16 yr old is too old? And only 15 yr olds and younger?
Frank

Not too old. I'll award the points. I changed it at some point too be introducing new hunters. I must have overlooked updating the dang rules...:D

If they connect, have them included in the youth team.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Confused on the Contest rules on the Youths.
As Team Members we are permitted to enter 2 deer one of which is a buck.
Are Youth deer extra deer permitted?
Let's say I take a buck and doe. And a Youth I take hunting takes a doe iat the Youth deer extra points?
I have taken a doe already. I am hunting for a buck for points in the contest.
Then I take a Youth hunting and they get a deer.
Would my later buck still count for the contest?
Just confused.
Frank

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Confused on the Contest rules on the Youths.
As Team Members we are permitted to enter 2 deer one of which is a buck.
Are Youth deer extra deer permitted?
Let's say I take a buck and doe. And a Youth I take hunting takes a doe iat the Youth deer extra points?
I have taken a doe already. I am hunting for a buck for points in the contest.
Then I take a Youth hunting and they get a deer.
Would my later buck still count for the contest?
Just confused.
Frank

Taking a youth and posting a pic of the hunt earns the contest participate 5 bonus points. Doesn't matter if the youth connects or not. The idea is to reward folks who try to introduce new hunters to the sport. This doesn't impact the 2 deer a participant can enter.

In addition to the bonus for TOO contest participants (members of TOO), there are several members who have kids that hunt. These kids wanted to compete against their Mom/Dad and the rest of TOO. To accommodate, we have Team 17 for the kids. If you want to enter deer that your kids harvest, they can be added to Team 17. All the kids grouped together competing against all the member teams.

Hope this helped clarify. If not, let me know.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I will take the 5 ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353271123929.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353271123929.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 248

jeremy44230

Medina County
Lucky 13

10 year old brother on 1st hunt ever.

Saw a few in the morning and nearly got a shot off... Had a good day, saw around 10 or so... Think he's hooked! Hope so!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353277199.194968.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353277213.852877.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353277226.744850.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353277243.254543.jpg