Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

.22 Pistol Dilemma

I want to get a .22 pistol for practicing my handgun skills. Im shooting about 50-100 rounds every week or two of 9mm and the ammo costs add up quickly. Im debating over getting the .22 cal side for my Sig P229 or buying a Ruger Mark III or a Browning Buckmark. I like the fact that the controls would be the same as my carry gun if I went the Sig route. On the other hand I like the all the cool sights and things you can add to the Brownings and Rugers. Either option is going to cost about the same. Just wanted to know what you guys think.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
If the Sig is you CCW then I would really lean towards the conversion. If the Sig is just a pistol to shoot then buying a different gun is probably better.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah, you gotta weigh what you actually want. A Ruger or Browning can be heavily modified and be a ton of fun.

If you want it for CCW practice then the Sig conversion is the way to go.

For me it would be the dedicated .22 first. Plenty of pratice of gun handling, marksmanship plus they can flat out shoot. You can still shoot a box out of the carry gun every month. Especially draw/shoot drills.

Can't really go wrong either way.