Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

a few allen co bucks

yotehunter

spencerville oh
IMG_20130528_164151.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice collection of trophies! Those two in the middle look real familiar. Those genetics run pretty consistent through this area. Tight and heavy 8pt bucks seem to be a common trait in the mature bucks around here. I don't see a ton like the one on the left. Seems a 15-18" spread with killer mass and good brows/g2s are the majority of 4+ yr old bucks around here.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Yea starting left to right scoring139 7/8 176 5/8 151 1/8 and last is 139 even and yea the wide one is a exception around here he is 22 inside. I must say I'm very fortunate to have opportunities at these deer the two bigger ones was with the bow and smaller 2 with the slug gun. Lots of time invested in the two bow kills thanks everybody for the replays.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
My taxidermist estimated the two bigger bucks too be 4year deer and the smaller two to be 5 and possibly on the down hill side all of those deer were shot within a 2 mile radius, good cornfield genetics.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My taxidermist estimated the two bigger bucks too be 4year deer and the smaller two to be 5 and possibly on the down hill side all of those deer were shot within a 2 mile radius, good cornfield genetics.

Who do you use for your taxidermy work?

I will be honest with you yotehunter: That second one would have fooled me for sure. We watched one for 3 years that looked very similar minus the split brow. Brows ended up measuring 11" and 11.25". Guy from WV got permission on a sub 10acre property next to us and killed him. Only hunted it a couple times. True heart breaker for my buddy and I. We estimated mid 150's from TC pics. I had him at 70-80yds twice (in the same day) the week he was killed. Outside of this we had never seen him on the hoof during daylight. Maybe it is best NOT to know what his final score was. Probably just make me cry. lol

Congrats again. Some fine bucks you have!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Hicks marvel augsberger did all four and the big bucks brows are 13.5 on the split and 14 on the solid one I had over 130 hours just in hunting that buck after velvet in may it was well worth it only had him on the camera in daylight once and with the bow in hand only the day killed him , other than that he was nocturnal. Thanks again for the comments the pick doesn't do them justice.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hicks marvel augsberger did all four and the big bucks brows are 13.5 on the split and 14 on the solid one I had over 130 hours just in hunting that buck after velvet in may it was well worth it only had him on the camera in daylight once and with the bow in hand only the day killed him , other than that he was nocturnal. Thanks again for the comments the pick doesn't do them justice.

Nice! The big brow buck we hunted we only had a few pictures of ever. Day or night. Only got day pictures of him twice and it was the same date twelve months apart. They don't get that big by strolling all over the place. Plus, there aren't many that caliber in our area. Glad your hard work paid off on him. He is a beaut!