Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alright gear heads...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My time for Project Redman has come to an end and its time to sell my beloved Jeep.

Before you say anything Nickel, I have to brother. I have to...

I need some guidance on getting her back on the road. I put $1,800 in her back in 2008 and have maybe 10 miles on it since then. It has sat in my garage since I drove it over in September of '09. I know it needs a new battery, but I have a gas issue no doubt. What's the best way to bring life back to her?

Here's my girl in her prime. We have some stories to tell that's for sure!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Did you put stabil in the tank and run her for a little bit before you parked her? If not probably won't fire due to gas turning bad on her...... May have too drain and put some new gas in her and flush the old fuel out of the gas lines too the injectors/carb. Or you may get lucky and fire her up and just run the bad gas out of her lol.... Oil change lube everything up and she'll let you know what else you'll need.....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My plan was to pull her out Saturday morning and put a fresh battery in it, change the oil, fuel filter, and work on firing it up. Hope it all shakes out!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I would honestly probably just grab a fresh battery and see if she fires. Not saying it would work, but that is most likely where i would start. Can always dig deeper later if needed. Bottle of the dry gas stuff in the tank in case it has picked up some moisture wouldn't hurt though.

ohio
If that gas has been sitting for over a year its bad it would do more harm than good, drain it, put in fresh fuel, plugs, batt, and go from there