Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Am i screwed

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Sitting in the field a couple of minutes ago i heard an odd sounding pop... i couldn't figure out what it was till i looked at my bow... 20171013_182656.jpg20171013_182700.jpg20171013_182722.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man that sucks. Check archery talk. Might be cheaper to buy a used one depending on the model. Or post asking to buy limbs.

Do you have a backup bow? Where are you located

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
I did have a back up bow until may. My sister in law started hunting and i gave it to her.
I just got back from The Archery Shop in Minster. They told me it is pretty much a crapshoot on time because everything in Florida is still a mess. So i shot a few new ones. He had a new Obsession Turmoil there for 649. That thing is a real shooter so i will probly go that route in the morning.
Wifey is not happy that i want a new bow. I told her i was probly going to buy a new one in the spring anyhow.
The worst part is it that i am going on a hunting trip in a couple weeks and need something to shoot...

rsmith

I did have a back up bow until may. My sister in law started hunting and i gave it to her.
I just got back from The Archery Shop in Minster. They told me it is pretty much a crapshoot on time because everything in Florida is still a mess. So i shot a few new ones. He had a new Obsession Turmoil there for 649. That thing is a real shooter so i will probly go that route in the morning.
Wifey is not happy that i want a new bow. I told her i was probly going to buy a new one in the spring anyhow.
The worst part is it that i am going on a hunting trip in a couple weeks and need something to shoot...

Check archerytalk first before jumping into a brand new bow. Can pick up something good for a good price and get in a week and then have it all set up in a couple days. Just my two cents on it if it was me. Sucks to hear that the limb cracked though. What kind of bow was it?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nathan- What is your draw length? I'd be willing to let you use my "backup". I was seriously considering using it for the season but switched back to my newer bow in the last couple weeks. It is ready to hunt. Right handed. 29" DL. Set at 64lbs. Brand new Spot Hogg sight. Option B: I have a Diamond Razor's Edge for my son. Adjustable weight and draw length up to 30" (I think) and 70lb with no bow press required. It isn't as nice a bow in regards to sights, rest, etc., but I'd let you use it until you got yours repaired or found a new one. I'd hate to see you spend money in a haste and regret what you bought later. In my opinion, bows aren't supposed to be impulse buys. Spend it once on what you will be happy with and on what feels good in your hands.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Nathan- What is your draw length? I'd be willing to let you use my "backup". I was seriously considering using it for the season but switched back to my newer bow in the last couple weeks. It is ready to hunt. Right handed. 29" DL. Set at 64lbs. Brand new Spot Hogg sight. Option B: I have a Diamond Razor's Edge for my son. Adjustable weight and draw length up to 30" (I think) and 70lb with no bow press required. It isn't as nice a bow in regards to sights, rest, etc., but I'd let you use it until you got yours repaired or found a new one. I'd hate to see you spend money in a haste and regret what you bought later. In my opinion, bows aren't supposed to be impulse buys. Spend it once on what you will be happy with and on what feels good in your hands.
Phil i really appreciate the offer. This place is full of amazing people.
I would be lying if i said i haven't been shooting new bows all year and pretty much had it narrowed down to two but decided that i didnt need to spend the money on a new one this summer. Well now i have the need to and probly will.
The two that i have it down to are an Obsession turmoil and an mathews z3.
The Mathews is a damn nice bow and he has it on sale right now for 529 i think... the obsession is also damn nice. I will shoot them both again this morning and decide.
My wife asked why i cant just shoot that one that broke. I told her that when a bow splits like that there are more cracks inside that you probly cant see. And if i was to shoot it i would be putting myself in harms way and probly have to spend more in the hospital getting fixed up. She thankfully understands.
Once again Phil thanks for the offer...
Check archerytalk first before jumping into a brand new bow. Can pick up something good for a good price and get in a week and then have it all set up in a couple days. Just my two cents on it if it was me. Sucks to hear that the limb cracked though. What kind of bow was it?
It is a 2012 Bear legion. Ive had it since brand new and had to put four strings on it. It has had more shots through it than i care to count.

rsmith

Phil i really appreciate the offer. This place is full of amazing people.
I would be lying if i said i haven't been shooting new bows all year and pretty much had it narrowed down to two but decided that i didnt need to spend the money on a new one this summer. Well now i have the need to and probly will.
The two that i have it down to are an Obsession turmoil and an mathews z3.
The Mathews is a damn nice bow and he has it on sale right now for 529 i think... the obsession is also damn nice. I will shoot them both again this morning and decide.
My wife asked why i cant just shoot that one that broke. I told her that when a bow splits like that there are more cracks inside that you probly cant see. And if i was to shoot it i would be putting myself in harms way and probly have to spend more in the hospital getting fixed up. She thankfully understands.
Once again Phil thanks for the offer...

It is a 2012 Bear legion. Ive had it since brand new and had to put four strings on it. It has had more shots through it than i care to count.

Gottcha. Glad you were able to try out some bows and find out what you like. Did you shoot any Elite bows? I went from a Hoyt Maxxis 35 to a Elite Energy 35 and it’s night and day difference.