Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone use a ghostblind

amanda121287

CA
I got a ghostblind this year just wondering if anyone has used one and has any advice on using it. Seems like it wouldn't hold up to well in the wind.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

First time ever using one on opening day of turkey season and killed a nice longbeard. Use the stakes that come with it. I tried sticks once and the wind blew it over. I'm not really sure how well it would stay up in moderate winds though, but I'd stick to calm days.

Reactions: Jackalope

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Welcome ! Just how much wind are we talking about ? When I use my GBs, I have a couple of those cheap ass heavy duty spring clamps, that.... not only do they keep the blind folded up when you don't want it unfolded, but I also use them to secure the blind to saplings & whatever. It's a lot quicker & easier than using the tie downs. I don't know how many times I'd try & stick one of those stakes into the ground & something underneath would prevent me from that particular spot & then, the spot you do find , ends up being in the way of your movement or something. So, the wind issue really isn't an issue if secured properly.

With that being said, I'll sell both of mine. I'll even sell my camper.

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Welcome ! Just how much wind are we talking about ? When I use my GBs, I have a couple of those cheap ass heavy duty spring clamps, that.... not only do they keep the blind folded up when you don't want it unfolded, but I also use them to secure the blind to saplings & whatever. It's a lot quicker & easier than using the tie downs. I don't know how many times I'd try & stick one of those stakes into the ground & something underneath would prevent me from that particular spot & then, the spot you do find , ends up being in the way of your movement or something. So, the wind issue really isn't an issue if secured properly.

With that being said, I'll sell both of mine. I'll even sell my camper.
How much do you want for a ghost blind?