Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Baseball Journal

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Another rain out today. We were supposed to have a DH at Lisbon Beaver Local. They got snow last night and we got enough rain that ruled out a field switch.
This stinks!

My wife can feel for ya Cotty, she coaches HS softball here and they've been dealing with the crappy weather as well. They did get their DH in Saturday though.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
How about those Reds?!?

One of 3 undefeated teams in the MLB and the only team left in the NL without a loss! I'm concerned as always about pitching, but the offense is smoking hot right now! We can have a staff ERA of 4.00 and still win 90+ games with sticks like that!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
They looked awesome yesterday, Arroyo pitched a hell of a game and Chapman came in an finished it off. As always it will come down to our pitching staff, but I think we have one of the most dynamic offenses in the league. Go Reds!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Philly is going to be unstoppable this year! That pitching staff is just plain filthy!

Yeah, and the pay roll shows it! Look at what they collectively pay their pitchers and what the Reds pay. It's not even close. For that reason among many, I hope we oust them from the playoffs this year in a hard fought 6-game NL championship!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah, and the pay roll shows it! Look at what they collectively pay their pitchers and what the Reds pay. It's not even close. For that reason among many, I hope we oust them from the playoffs this year in a hard fought 6-game NL championship!!!

You and me both!

Huckleberry Finn

Philly! Ha! :smiley_depressive:

It's still good to be a Yankee's fan. Wake me up when Philly wins 20 more world series. Good grief, they still get excited when they win a pennant. :smiley_crocodile:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Another rain out today... UGH!!!

If Philly doesn't win the series it will be the biggest travesty in baseball. They are loaded. This might be the most loaded staff I've seen in my lifetime. Off the top of my head the only one that compares would be the Braves with Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, and Avery.

By the way, don't look now but my Buccos are 2-1 and should be 3-0. they gave one away against the Cubbies.

Huckleberry Finn

Hey Cotty,

Does: Section 108, Row E, Seats 13 and 14 mean anything to you? I just turned down free tickets to the Pirate's Opener tomorrow. :( We've got the big conference tomorrow and I can't make it. Damn!

On the subject of watching baseball this summer, probably going to watch the Indians and Yankees on July 4!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fuck the Yankees!!!

Oh, sorry. Purely reactionary!!! :smiley_clap:

Don't worry, bud... I had the same reaction! On the subject of big-market ball clubs, I was glad to see the Red Sox drop to 0-4 last night against the Tribe!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
So how many of you guys on here play softball in the summer? If so, does your team actually play to compete or do they use it as an excuse to drink all weekend?

I've played a couple times here and there but I'm competitive, and most teams around here I've seen just travel around to the tournaments to drink all weekend and have fun.

Nothing wrong with that, but I can do that around here. Just curious.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I play baseball and softball. I am very competitive also, so I tend to get pissy when someone doesn't hustle or play smart.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey Cotty,

Does: Section 108, Row E, Seats 13 and 14 mean anything to you? I just turned down free tickets to the Pirate's Opener tomorrow. :( We've got the big conference tomorrow and I can't make it. Damn!

On the subject of watching baseball this summer, probably going to watch the Indians and Yankees on July 4!

Dang! Sucks to miss out on opening day.

Fuck the Yankees!!!!