Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Basement remodel........MAN CAVE,....with a a princess room!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Well I had to redo the basement floor again!!! After going on vacation in late July, there was a heavy down pour and my 2 sump pumps failed. Didn't think anything of the storm that went through when we were gone, got home on a Saturday, went to take a nap down stairs on Monday. First step onto my carpet and WTF, just enough water to soak up into the carpet and sat there at least 4 days, but not high enough to ruin anything else. I tore the floor up myself right away. My wife, the saint she is, let me hunt and neglect this job, once I had tagged out she cashed in her favor. We decided on ceramic tile, so in the future we don't have to tear the floor up any more!! Should of done this from the beginning! "We" and mostly my wife lol, decided I would put the floor down, with the help of a buddy here and there, I laid the entire floor with a weathered wood type tile, the result was a BIG improvement from the previous carpeted floor! I hated working on that floor every minute but it turned out much better than I could of imagined.

Oh yeah, I added some shelves from IKEA, hate that place....Switched the furniture from the upstairs family room and added an old tv beside the big screen.

Here are some pics...

new basement 1.jpg

new basement 2.jpg

new basement 3.jpg

new basement 4.jpg

Don't mind the trim in that last pic! lol...ran out of trim and I am waiting on the outside corner piece before I cut and fasten the baseboard down!

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice job. We have tile in most of our upstairs and damn it's cold. Have good slippers for down there and you'll be fine.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Nice job. We have tile in most of our upstairs and damn it's cold. Have good slippers for down there and you'll be fine.

I was really worried about this as we discussed our options and went with tile....but,It's probably a consistent 55 degrees.....haven't checked but it almost feels warm when you step on it with socks! Given that it is 8-10 down under the ground...it should stay that temp year round.