Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bass Fishing 2016

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well made the first trip too the big lake this morning at odarkthirty..... Had too wage for the guy who collects the ramp fees too show up so we were about 15 minutes late getting on the water which wasn't that big of a deal and they should have some fun viewing the video feed lmao....

Hit the main lake for a couple hours and water temps were 43/44 when we started and didn't change while we were out for three hours and only had one smallmouth so we headed inside the break wall too see if we could find anything.... Water temps in the slips were a couple degrees warmer and picked up a couple in there and then went up into the Ashtabula river where we found water breaking 50 degrees and caught a few in there as well.... All in all a very slow day and being fairly early and e cold snap we had probably didn't help either.... So was I surprised it was that slow??? Not really, had a great time with two good friends and that's always worth the trip....

Will be up there again next Saturday as we have a tournament so hopefully we'll do a little better lol....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460926699.838791.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460926711.870683.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460926723.505287.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460926745.850365.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460926759.256189.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had our first tournament today on Erie, started on the main lake outside Ashtabula harbor and it was 2-3' waves and wind outta the north/east and was pretty rough for us and pretty cold as the water temps were upper 40's with the temp coming off the water being the same.... We had a limit of smallmouth ranging from 2-3lbs..... Was chilled too the bone and headed into the Ashtabula river too try to escape the wind.... It worked a little but the fishing was really slow... We didn't do any better so around 1:00 we decided too hit the main lake again as the sun was out and wind wasn't as bad.....
Main lake was 3-5's but we're rolling and not breaking.... Started catching fish right off the bat and culled 3 fish upping our weight by 3-4lbs.....
Tournament was over at 3:00 and we put it on new trailer.... We ended up with 18lbs, 2lns better than anyone else... Took first place and was extremely happy that we did win as I'm paying for it now with all the aches and pains lol.....

On bad note, one of our buddies was leaving his house and a guy blew a stop sign ANG T-Boned his boat.... Not cool, and really trashed it.... He was a posed off mofo and the driver was an older guy (85) and was banged up pretty good.... Neither Of the guys were injured but the boats a total loss....
The old guy who hit it had a broken sternum and a punctured lung and is the hospital.... Said he never knew there was a stop sign there.... He lives on that street....
Hopefully my buddy doesn't get hosed by the insurance company.... We're going tomorrow too look at a boat for him.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461457953.851603.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461457974.291522.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461458008.471967.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461458050.091092.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461458087.191204.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461458120.577463.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks guys....

Spent the morning and early afternoon working on mending my mower deck that's been lacking some metal in spots lol... Too cheap to drop a dime on a new one.... So a buddy and I patched it and got it back together again with an oil change and blade sharpening.... I live in town on a small lot so I've never really worried about a mower much lol....

While working on it a buddy who I tournament fish with dropped a present off for me on the porch... His folks were in Florida looking at retirement areas for playing snowbirds and stopped at basspro shop and grabbed me a new product for the trolling motor... A cable with a nice handle on it for stowing and extending the trolling motor... Put it on this evening and really like it... No more breaking ropes on trolling motors lol.... No stretch and easy to hang onto.... Very pleased with it....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462184420.840684.jpg

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on the win J!
Sorry bout your buddys boat,he find anything out from the insurance company?

They're still working it, the other guy had Grange and they're being really slow with all correspondence so far....
I may be picking up his motor for a spare.... Never hurts to have one laying around lol...