Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bass Pro and the NRA

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Every year Bass Pro Shops does a promotional thing with the NRA called "Freedom Days." Where Bass pro usually does things like give discounts on guns, give a free Plano pistol case with the purchase of a pistol, and a $25 dollar gift card to anyone renewing or signing up for the NRA. They also do a lot of seminars and classes and have an NRA rep on site. This usually takes place in June or July however Bass Pros website still says "Details coming soon". What do you think, will Bass Pro Shops pull a Yeti?

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/nra-freedom-days

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
2280B871-14F5-41FE-B81A-D11E7BAE7347.jpeg
In the flyer I received this morning.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The fin is a chain, has 3-4 stores in NE Ohio I prefer to shop the local guys I shop Runzos as it’s closer then the fin and just about the same price and sometimes cheaper. My Ruger .450 was $30 cheaper then the fin but I will shop for the oddball stuff that I need that they have and no one close does.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The fin is a chain, has 3-4 stores in NE Ohio I prefer to shop the local guys I shop Runzos as it’s closer then the fin and just about the same price and sometimes cheaper. My Ruger .450 was $30 cheaper then the fin but I will shop for the oddball stuff that I need that they have and no one close does.

Actually I think they just recently opened their 6th store... this one over by Perrysburg somewhere. I really like The Fin. Good store owned by good people.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

They have multiple locations but I wouldn't consider them a chain in the sense of the word like dicks, dunhams, bell as or bass pro. I'm all for supporting local when I can though.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They have multiple locations but I wouldn't consider them a chain in the sense of the word like dicks, dunhams, bell as or bass pro. I'm all for supporting local when I can though.

My thinking of chain is more then one store, but I get what you’re saying. The fin is nowhere close to a bass pro or cabelas or dicks....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well here we are in late August. Bass pro did not have the NRA freedom days this year and deleted the site where it said "coming soon"

Looks like I'll be adding both Bass Pro and Cabelas to the list of large corporations who only want our money but will not stand beside us in the fight against the antis.

Screenshot_20180826-100633.png