Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beentowns hunting log...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Pushing them in on the way back. Took forever to get too the stand having to stop and wait on deer to move.

Just heard a knock down drag out fight in the corn. Growls and all. Mid morning should be decent.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Shoot it lol, i got yo back Beener, from Weather.com:

Through 1pm: Partly to mostly sunny with temperatures warming rapidly into the low to middle 60s. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Slow. Just watched a bit of prey smoke a squirrel! That was cool. Looked like a red tail. Happened so fast though couldn't really tell.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I don't think I could sit in a stand all day without getiing down for a while. I don't have one comfortable enough and don't think my back would make it that long. I hope you are rewarded for your efforts. Like the updates. It's cool to see the hawks come out of nowhere and surprise you and squirrel or chipmunk!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Keep hangin' Charles! I love the all day hunts! I had to get out at 12:15 to get ready to get the girls from school, do homework help and fix supper before I go to work! FUGG! My bro had sparring, grunting and chasing all morning today. Things died down around noon but will resume anytime now. Goodluck Beener!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Had the hawk grab a squirrel happen to me on Sat. It was cool to witness. Best of Luck Beener. If you get bored let me know I could set you up @ "The Ridge"

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hoyt I may take you up one day. I didn't see a deer for the whole sit!

I am just glad it wasn't one of the Florida boys in my stand getting skunked.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am having a "woe is me" moment. The trespassing has started again. All my deer have vanished. No pics of a deer in over a week. Haven't shot a buck in two years. My freezer is empty. I am gonna take up gun hunting again. Ugh.

Whining over. Going to be back at it tonight. Maybe another property?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Didn't "catch" but chased.

Yawn, stretch and jump up bright eyed and bushy tailed. Look at my phone and it is 6AM. Ugh. I set my alarm but didn't turn it on.

Headed to Warsaw today and will do an evening sit up there.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Didn't "catch" but chased.

Yawn, stretch and jump up bright eyed and bushy tailed. Look at my phone and it is 6AM. Ugh. I set my alarm but didn't turn it on.

Headed to Warsaw today and will do an evening sit up there.

Damn, that's stinks, but at least you slept in!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hang in there buddy. The landowners are the only ones (well their greatgrandkids) are the only ones to gun hunt the property here this year so late season up here will be something new and should be pretty damn good. You know your welcome to come sit up here buddy.

Huckleberry Finn

Beenie I will be home next week jus sayin...we can hang double stands and cuddle...prolly wont see any more deer than you are now, but at least you'd leave with a smile on your face.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
For the record..... When Huck hunted with me there was no cuddling involved but I did leave with a smile on my face from watching him harvest his first archery deer.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Huck you know you can hunt here anytime! I only feel right getting handies from guys though. ;)

Getting the smoker fired up now.

Good luck all!