Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BH review

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I treat them as disposable, in other words, it's the cost of doing business and I only use them on deer once. But, both the deer we killed this year, the broadheads could be sharpened and reused. I use them as practice heads or coyote arrows once they've been shot. They're definitely more durable than Rages.
Sweet!!! Looks like I'm gonna be trying some new broadheads next year!!

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
was just the blades bent or the ferrule?

for me the ferrule has been perfect and the bent blades -I can replace. I believe midway USA had them and the orings for 20 bucks and that replaces 3 to 6 heads (I can’t recall - I’ll check later). That’s pretty affordable and as long as those blades for expansion are sharp - it should have not issue punching and cutting, imo.
On the Rages? I bent two ferrules of the 6 deer I killed with them. Mangled both blades every time. Actually got cut during a gut job on half a Rage blade. We've now put 4 MegaMeats through deer and 2 of them are near perfect, 2 had bent blades.

Reactions: Tipmoose

at1010

*Supporting Member*
On the Rages? I bent two ferrules of the 6 deer I killed with them. Mangled both blades every time. Actually got cut during a gut job on half a Rage blade. We've now put 4 MegaMeats through deer and 2 of them are near perfect, 2 had bent blades.
Yes rages bend easy. I was meaning in the mega meats - my ferrules are perfect. I slipped new blades in and the heads are ready to shoot. It’s like 6 bucks per head for new blades and they slip right on. Super affordable - imo.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yeah, no issues at all with the ferrules on the MegaMeats.

I've now killed deer with something like 10 different broadheads. Started with NAP Thunderheads, then Muzzys, then a handful of different mechanicals including Rages, then went back to fixed heads with Slick Trick and Magnus, now shooting a mechanical. I'm shooting the G5s largely because I did not have the time to tinker with fixed blades. It helped knowing how they perform and with the size of holes they leave, and how they deploy, I will likely shoot them for years to come.

Reactions: Tipmoose and at1010

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yeah, no issues at all with the ferrules on the MegaMeats.

I've now killed deer with something like 10 different broadheads. Started with NAP Thunderheads, then Muzzys, then a handful of different mechanicals including Rages, then went back to fixed heads with Slick Trick and Magnus, now shooting a mechanical. I'm shooting the G5s largely because I did not have the time to tinker with fixed blades. It helped knowing how they perform and with the size of holes they leave, and how they deploy, I will likely shoot them for years to come.
Same here! I am very impressed so far.