Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Big Holla's Season of Hope!

I really appreciate it everyone! You may recall I've been worried about him enjoying deer hunting this past year or so and to have him put in so much time and have so many opportunities I was glad when he said he wanted to head down with me. His first deer was so quick and required little effort, like an hour on stand and thwack he shot it. Ever since he's had a little trouble getting deer close enough but his new found confidence in the muzzleloader I think kept him going this year. Nothing but smiles all weekend!!

I had a camera up on a creek crossing and happened to find a few pictures of Allen's buck.

IMAG0131.jpg

Might as well update this thing again. My daughter Jenna has been in travel softball since she was 9 years old and has worked pretty hard at over the years. Yesterday she signed her letter of intent to play softball at St. Clair County Community College, here in Michigan. So damn proud of her!!

Jenna_Skipper-1.jpg

Jenna_Skipper-2.jpg

Thank you everyone!! Really means a lot to me!

Yesterday was a GREAT day for me as a dad bringing up a son who has been hesitant to try shooting guns. Granted he's 12 but even BB guns for a while were kind of a turn off for him. Yesterday I decided we'd go out and shoot the muzzleloaders a little more since he's been open to them with killing his buck and all. I decided to bring along my 9mm to see if he'd give it a try. Sure enough, he shot it as well as my .38 and had a ball doing it. Best part of it all....4 guns and dad didn't shoot one shot and we were out there for quite a while!! Hell he shot the old cap lock muzzleloader with iron sights better than the in-line! (both offhanded)

New update is my dad is in the hospital down there. Went in on Monday after fighting a cold and chest congestion. The urgent care thought he may have a blood clot so they sent him over to the hospital. Spent the night and last night there and they did find a blood clot in his one lung. They have him on blood thinners and sounds as if they may send him home as soon as today to rest and let the blood thinners do their job. Also had pneumonia to add to it all.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
New update is my dad is in the hospital down there. Went in on Monday after fighting a cold and chest congestion. The urgent care thought he may have a blood clot so they sent him over to the hospital. Spent the night and last night there and they did find a blood clot in his one lung. They have him on blood thinners and sounds as if they may send him home as soon as today to rest and let the blood thinners do their job. Also had pneumonia to add to it all.
Hope he gets better soon, I'll keep him in my thoughts!