Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BigSlams yote trapping

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I think we all want to do better (and it's more fun getting something for your efforts). Important thing is its 11 total. That's like 17-22 out of the population going into next year. Which equals how many fawns that survive??????
I'm sure I'll be seeing alot of does with single and twin fawns this year, saw one doe with triplets last summer!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Caught my first red fox today. I reset this snare after I caught the last yote, and I set another one after this catch because the area now wreaks of the fox. Might drop a foot hold on the outside of the catch circle in the morning. Should of done that today but I didn't have one with me.

https://youtu.be/O3cyRqjaJGo uploadfromtaptalk1456935499855.jpg

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks guys! I reset 3 more traps today with some new lure I got from night owl lures, put some mouse paste, and Hiawatha valley bait in the sets, also dribbled bobcat piss on a couple of them along with some fermented egg lure. The bobcat piss should throw these bastards for a loop. I've been having trouble with these sons a bitches digging a couple traps up, and its pissing me off. One yote dug a trap up about a week and a half ago and took a big ol shit beside it. Tapatalk sucks and will only let me upload this pic. uploadfromtaptalk1457024011564.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well I caught that red fox last night and the yotes beat me to her. She was a female and they ripped all the pups out of her.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'd think a fox in distress call would bring one in gun range. Just a thought
Not really an option with the shift I work and the limited time I have with the wife and daughter. I'm dead tired on the weekends as it is from lack of sleep and walking all over the place.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Pulled my traps today, still have 3 snares out. I'll pull those the end of this week. It's starting to get warm, almost turkey time!