Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black amish

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
This is a real question was wondering if some of you guys that live in the eastern part of Ohio could answer. Have you ever seen or heard of a black Amish person? Someone asked me I have no clue.

Huckleberry Finn

Yup, it happens. Often times it's a baby that's adopted by an Amish family. Rare. I know of at least another fellow that decided to join them for a change for a simpler way of life...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'd say this is the black version of a bowl cut...

Attachments

• RussBucky7.jpg
    RussBucky7.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 220

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I've passed many (Amish)on the road, in Walmart and about the southern part of the county and not seen one.
Guess Huck's seen a rare bird there.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I have seen some black Amish kids, never an adult. I have lots of old order Mennonite neighbors and they often adopt or take in foster kids that are black or asian.

There used to be an Orthodox priest in Ytown that was raised Amish and converted. He kept the hair, beard, hat and denim but added a BIG gold crucifix on a THICK gold chain. That ranks as one of the strangest things I have ever seen.

Ohiosam said:
I have seen some black Amish kids, never an adult.
Hmmm...makes you wonder why they never get to full maturity. :smiley_chinrub:

Ohiosam said:
There used to be an Orthodox priest in Ytown that was raised Amish and converted. He kept the hair, beard, hat and denim but added a BIG gold crucifix on a THICK gold chain. That ranks as one of the strangest things I have ever seen.
Gangsta Amish? lmao

Gern186 said:
Drive by shootings out of buggies!
That reminds me... What goes:
Q: Clipity Clop, Clipity Clop, BANG!, BANG! Clipity Clop, Clipity Clop.
A: An Amish drive by shooting. :smiley_crocodile:

whitetailspecialties said:
Have you ever seen or heard of a black Amish person? Someone asked me I have no clue.
I find it a little odd that a whitetailspecialties is asking a question about black Amish. Just sayin'... :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57