Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black Raspberries

Ricer2231

Hit the berries one last time yesterday. 4.5 gallons by days end..... Finished the year with 13 gallons.
I'm pretty much Berried-Out until Blackberries Ripen.

View attachment 22371

Dang Rick. That's a lot if berries. I picked two quart this morning and fixed a cobbler with them. The wife loves the cobbler.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404584973.384116.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I got a honey hole on my property. There is hardly any on the fence lines like there was years ago....I think the spraying is keeping them on the decline.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Wow! That's an amazing amount of berries Rick! Black Raspberries are my absolute favorite berry. We make a berry pie with them and top it off with some home made vanilla ice cream. Now that's delicious.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Made this tonight and it was delicious. I'll post the recipe tomorrow. Pretty simple to make. I used blackberries and black raspberries.

uploadfromtaptalk1404692472458.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jessica and I hit a public land honey hole tonight for two hours and came out with a gallon and a quarter. Scouted a ton of blackberries that need to be hit in about a week or two also. Raspberries are pretty much done as evident by the lack of red ones. When they're so ripe like this I like to even out the ripe ones with some red to add a little tart.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404698234.250267.jpg

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Jessica and I hit a public land honey hole tonight for two hours and came out with a gallon and a quarter. Scouted a ton of blackberries that need to be hit in about a week or two also. Raspberries are pretty much done as evident by the lack of red ones. When they're so ripe like this I like to even out the ripe ones with some red to add a little tart.

View attachment 22400

Thats a pretty site Joe!