Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Coyote and other critter's snaring.2015-2016

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The creek was pretty high today but went down some,will have to redo some beaver sets when the rain gets outta here. uploadfromtaptalk1451321246225.jpgBut the couple snares i had out were just fine as caught i caught this male yote today.uploadfromtaptalk1451321318500.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451321330112.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451321342317.jpg
In the last pics you can see i just moved down the trail a little and put in another set.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nothing today,one big sloppy mess out there.
When the creek goes down i will reset the beaver sets,have 2 working now.
Going to spend the day tomorrow after work setting more for yotes,taking a buddy's boy Josh with me that wants t learn how to trap.
Should be a fun day teaching a kid how to put sets in,also be nice to have someone along to help out.

Jamie

Ohio
looks like your trapping season is off to a good start! nice beaver. that is cool as hell. how does one dispatch a beaver in that circumstance? do you shoot them or club them or what?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Very cool Brian. I would love to learn how to snare and do it with success. I have a couple pieces of ground that look similar to what you are trapping. Can you point me in the right location to purchase some snares?