Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boneview card reader

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I took advantage of the Labor Day 25% off special on Boneview products.
1-I got the card reader for my smartphone and this reader is great.
2- also got the back up battery-handwarmer-light pack. Got it for the phone back up battery feature. This was way I can do all day sets and use my phone without loosing battery power.
3- also got the phone attachment for installing on binocs or spotting scope for close up picture taking. Haven't use it yet but it looks good.
4- also got the phone attachment to a bow. Now got to figure out how to attach to my new crossbow.

Service was great and received in 3 days.

Last edited:

Isaacorps

Columbus
I took advantage of the Labor Day 25% off special on Boneview products.
1-I got the card reader for my smartphone and this reader is great.
2- also got the back up battery-handwarmer-light pack. Got it for the phone back up battery feature. This was way I can do all day sets and use my phone without loosing battery power.
3- also got the phone attachment for installing on binocs or spotting scope for close up picture taking. Haven't use it yet but it looks good.
4- also got the phone attachment to a bow. Now got to figure out how to attach to my new crossbow.

Service was great and received in 3 days.

What app are you using for the card reader? I have a boneview and the app they recommend is SLOW at downloading pics off the card. I got mine a couple years ago so I'm wondering if there's a newer app that's improved?

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What app are you using for the card reader? I have a boneview and the app they recommend is SLOW at downloading pics off the card. I got mine a couple years ago so I'm wondering if there's a newer app that's improved?

Sorry but I just pushed buttons until it worked. It loads the whole card in a second or two.

I hooked it up to the phone and it shows
android
lost.dir
dcim

I click dcim and it goes to card, click on card and loaded almost 1000 pictures in less than 5 seconds.

Is that different than your older one?

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds like you have everything covered. I must admit though, I didn't see you as a fella having a smart phone. Sometimes I think the wife and I are the only two adult Americans that don't own a smart phone.

My wife and I get hand me down phones from the grand kids. When they upgrade we upgrade. We're on my son's business phone plan so what ever they give us we use. I do like the features of the smartphone when out of town and can look info up on the internet. LOL

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I use USB media explorer

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Just found my bone view in the bed of my truck. It must of been back there for at least a week, rained on multiple times, and still works.

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
Just found my bone view in the bed of my truck. It must of been back there for at least a week, rained on multiple times, and still works.

When viewing photos using the Boneview do you need to upload or import them to your device (cellphone)?

I run into issues with my iPhone because you need to import the photos to your phone. My phone is one of the smaller memory capacity phones so it is constantly full. Viewing thumbnails on a small phone screen is not fun...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
When viewing photos using the Boneview do you need to upload or import them to your device (cellphone)?

I run into issues with my iPhone because you need to import the photos to your phone. My phone is one of the smaller memory capacity phones so it is constantly full. Viewing thumbnails on a small phone screen is not fun...
I don't. I think that's on an apple issue.