Bullet fragment

Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

"J"

*Supporting Member*
Columbiana County
I’ve had my fare share of shot from rabbit meat but I can honestly say I’ve never had a bullet fragment from deer meat.... Hopefully that’s your last one as well...

bowhunter1023

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Appalachia
You guys obviously haven't killed many deer with the Remington Copper Solid sabots. LOL Pretty much a guarantee to get a little of that "grit" in your burger. That's why I stopped shooting them actually. Happened a lot.

"J"

*Supporting Member*
Columbiana County
You guys obviously haven't killed many deer with the Remington Copper Solid sabots. LOL Pretty much a guarantee to get a little of that "grit" in your burger. That's why I stopped shooting them actually. Happened a lot.
I used copper solids for about a decade or so and never had an issue. Guess I was lucky.... Rabbits and squirrels were the issue...

bowhunter1023

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Appalachia
Must be the fact that you're a one shot, one kill kinda guy and I'm an empty the gun kind of feller! :ROFLMAO:

I tell you what was also bad about it, Powerbelts. I think every deer I ever killed with one had a fragment in it somewhere.

jagermeister

*Supporting Member*
Ohio
That is weird. Never seen a solid copper slug fragment. But I've only got experience with Barnes and Federal.

Jackalope

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Not just you Jesse. I shot a total of one deer with one. It was a frontal shot on the ground that entered right of center and exploded in the shoulder. Tiny bits of copper everywhere.

I had the same luck with powerbelts. I grind everything but the backstraps and trim out anything that's bloodshot or even looks like a wound. Butchered a deer that Travis shot at strouds with a powerbelt and found bits of copper jacket and lead behind the grinder plate on cleanup. Had to pitch the whole deer because I do all of my grinding at once and the whole thing was contaminated with lead and copper shavings.