Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camera Brands.

What Brand.

• Browning

• Stealth Cam

• Covert

• Pyle

• Bushnell

• Moultrie

• Cudi

• Primos

• WildGame

• Spartan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Bushnell. I tried 4 Brownings. I bought 2 and a buddy bought 2. His didn't last long. Mine are still going but picture quality dropped off midway thru the first year. I've also watched deer walk by the camera without triggering it while I was in the stand. I know they are only getting a portion of what goes by. I'm done with Browning. Tried Spypoint. NOPE! Maybe it is time to try Covert or Moultrie again (My first was a Moultrie that ate D batteries for breakfast but that was many moons ago.)
I’ve had the same trouble with browning....thought I had a lemon but after reading your post, it must be common. I’ve tried covert also and so far I am very happy. About 8 months battery life with energizer lithium and picture quality is very good.

We have 3 browning cameras and we love ours. Long battery life and good pictures.

One issue that I once had with mine not taking hardly any pictures was with the SD card. If I used an SD card that was in a WIldgame Innovations trail camera, it wouldn't work in the Brownings. Now if I bring the trail camera cards into the house I always reformat them if I don't know which camera it came out of. Reformatting fixes the problem.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
I've used Browning's, Moultrie's and Wild Game... All three have served me well... Currently I have a Moultrie A-30I out in Illinois that me and Chad put up in March, won't be checking it till I get back out there to hang stands in Aug. Hope its got some dandies on it as its in my main spot for this year... Might get a few more to put up in Aug.

Reactions: Bigslam51

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Browning and Exodus. I have had Browning Recon Force Cams out year round since 2013. No issues with any of them. If you got a Browning Range Ops then you may have issues. Exodus are bullet proof too.

Covert last and have great battery life but pic quality sucks. I use them only at feeders.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I have 5 exodus cams. They are great cams and the guys stand behind their product 100%. The pic/video quality is excellent. Check out my trail cam posts. Many are from exodus cams. The battery life is as good as any out there. I am having an issue with a new one right now and they are taking care of it.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I have 5 exodus cams. They are great cams and the guys stand behind their product 100%. The pic/video quality is excellent. Check out my trail cam posts. Many are from exodus cams. The battery life is as good as any out there. I am having an issue with a new one right now and they are taking care of it.
There is an $85 difference between the trek and the lift. How is the quality of the trek? Is it worth the extra money to upgrade to the lift?