Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cargo camper

Alright guys take it easy on me with this project. Just wanted to share. My wife and i have been working on turning a cargo trailer into a camper and here are a few pics. We dont have a bathroom but we have added a few amenities. A yard sale provided us a small little cabinet set for housing kitchen items as well as a "necessity" coffee pot and toaster oven. Another yard sale provided the small fridge. The trailer already had the table in the front. The owner of the gym i go to was going to throw out a futon frame which fit the spare matress in my house i was going to have to pay to dispose of. He graciously gave it to me. Bought the coat rack/ dry erase board for 2 dollars at a yard sale. I did install a tv because the place we camp has water, electricity, and cable. I bought a cabelas outdoor kitchen which i absolutely love. We had to fabricate a window to fit but i think it turned out ok. We camp at yogi in the smokies which is in cherokee north Carolina and home to some of the best trout fishing in the nation. Nothing like frying up some fine trout fillets minutes after catching them. I never knew how awesome camping was untill we started last year. The time together as a family is truly a blessing and just to see how my daughter gets so excited melts my heart. I hope you guys like and feel free to fire back ideas and constructive criticism. Enjoy
IMQcfjfL-192582.jpg
rxPlGAT8-123040.jpg
xBuUPAQl-337598.jpg
ZTuxFvYz-186786.jpg
UvK7m8EI-266585.jpg
OEUGJYLl-173786.jpg
h7MI4bXg-166610.jpg
U13lMlWT-198292.jpg
brDCnevZ-1338352.jpg
bPxjxK9T-1446026.jpg

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looks good, if it works for you, who the hell cares what some other would think of it [emoji23]

We honeymooned at Fontana lake in a cabin for a week, beautiful area. Looked at a boat one time in Cherokee and ran it on Fontana. Nice boat just wasn’t for me...

Looks good, if it works for you, who the hell cares what some other would think of it [emoji23]

We honeymooned at Fontana lake in a cabin for a week, beautiful area. Looked at a boat one time in Cherokee and ran it on Fontana. Nice boat just wasn’t for me...
Fontana is a gorgeous lake. My neighbor has a place up there goes almost every weekend. Great fishery as well. North carolina in general is a great fishery but the cherokee reservations goes all out with their trout stocking.

I tell you the v-nose make a world of difference as far as towing. Also great to be able to keep all my camping gear stored in one location. Making our first trip for this year in 2 weeks. My little girl is so excited. They have yogi and boo boo bear come around the camp ground and its like christmas to her.

Reactions: Dustinb80

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Only thing I see missing is AC. In the Smoky Mtns it isn't very often we need the AC in our camper. I'd say it looks great. Keep on enjoying it!