Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chipper Jones speaks about AR's

Chipper Jones had this to say about AR's yesterday.

“I believe in our Constitutional right to bear arms and protect ourselves,” Jones said. “But I do not believe there is any need for civilians to own assault rifles. I just don’t.

“I would like to see something (new legislation) happen. I liken it to drugs – you’re not going to get rid of all the guns. But AR-15s and AK-47s and all this kind of stuff – they belong in the hands of soldiers. Those belong in the hands of people who know how to operate them, and whose lives depend on them operating them. Not with civilians. I have no problem with hunting rifles and shotguns and pistols and what-not. But I’m totally against civilians having those kinds of automatic and semi-automatic weapons.”

Heater Body Suit just released this statement.

"Many have heard about the controversial comments made in an interview recently by Chipper Jones of Major League Bowhunter. we have had a longstanding working relationship, and we respect Chippers use of the 1st amendment and voicing his opinions. However after much consideration, we at Heater Body Suit, strongly believe in and support the 2nd amendment and have come to an irreconcilable impasse. It is with that in mind that we are no longer in a partnership agreement with Major League Bowhunter. We wish them well in all endeavors. Thank you."

Wonder how many other sponsors that he will lose.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He can believe whatever he wants, and say whatever he wants. I disagree with his views. I won't support his show, not that I do now. It's America, he can have his opinion. Luckily we still have The 2nd amendment, his opinion is mute.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
He should have kept his mouth shut, one of the best infielders to take the field. As a Heater Body Suit owner i'm glad to see them take their stand.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Diff that asshole, he was a douche his hole life until he wanted in the hall of fame and decided to turn a new leaf...
Fuggin womanizing prick...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Let's see.... Chipper played for The Atlanta Braves a baseball team owned by Ted Turner, founder of CNN and hus band of Hanoi Jane Fonda... Guess it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out their mentality...