Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote Challenge

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Caught this female red Fox today. Released her unharmed.

How long is that lead Joe?

I need to either get longer snares, longer anchor leads, or put a jumper between them. By the time I place my anchor in the ground I feel like my snare doesn't have much play room after opening up the loop and trying to keep it up off the ground high enough.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

I need to either get longer snares, longer anchor leads, or put a jumper between them. By the time I place my anchor in the ground I feel like my snare doesn't have much play room after opening up the loop and trying to keep it up off the ground high enough.
I had the same issue myself.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I build extensions. Take about 3 or 4' of snare cable and make a loop through a 1/4-20 nut. Then mash the nut with a sledge. Kinked snares work good too.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have left the swivel on when using kinked snares. 2 is better than one IMO. But I have also just used cable and 2 nuts or aluminum ferells.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

5 foot. I had the same issues. Need to make some extensions or buy 6 foot snares next year.