Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crooked 2017

Excellent read and a great buck. The statement about him being 2.9 miles from where you first encountered him is interesting. I wonder if deer tend to wander more in NW Ohio than they do here in mid eastern Ohio. I am assuming your are hunting NW Ohio which is a highly different terrain than where I hunt in mid eastern Ohio. I would have never thought deer here travel those kind of distances.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Excellent read and a great buck. The statement about him being 2.9 miles from where you first encountered him is interesting. I wonder if deer tend to wander more in NW Ohio than they do here in mid eastern Ohio. I am assuming your are hunting NW Ohio which is a highly different terrain than where I hunt in mid eastern Ohio. I would have never thought deer here travel those kind of distances.

I️ had a buck on cam all summer 4.9 miles south of where I️ had him on cam October on! He offered 2 shots in early October, I’m still shocked he traveled that far !

Now mind you that’s a straight line distance, if he traveled the path I️ think he did, he traveled almost 7.5 miles from his summer home to fall hang out!!!

That is interesting to know. The deer around my place seem to be homebodies. The deer I have on cams all summer are the same deer I encounter in the fall. I have nothing to hold them in my area. I keep a Trophy Rock out from Feb. to Sept. and don't run a feeder or plant food plots. I've always assumed deer at my place live in about a 1 mile diameter of my property. Why, who knows.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
That is interesting to know. The deer around my place seem to be homebodies. The deer I have on cams all summer are the same deer I encounter in the fall. I have nothing to hold them in my area. I keep a Trophy Rock out from Feb. to Sept. and don't run a feeder or plant food plots. I've always assumed deer at my place live in about a 1 mile diameter of my property. Why, who knows.

this is crooked in the summer these are from two different woods by early season and 2.9 miles away

WGI_0012.jpg

crooked in corn.jpg

Last edited:

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Crooked in front of my stand that I️ killed him,but in early season.

WGI_0005.jpg

Attachments

• WGI_0033.jpg
    WGI_0033.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited: