Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Curran's 2014 - 2015 all things outdoors Journal

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Admittedly I haven't done much scouting or trail camera-ing this summer. I finally got around to getting a couple cams out within the last two weeks and so far I've got one deer that would stand a good chance at getting an arrow shot in his general direction. I pulled the cam that he showed up on and moved it to another spot to try and at least get a gauge of possible shooters in the area.

Here's Bent Brow

Cropped in, same picture

Hopefully there will be others to add to the list of potential freezer fillers. Bent Brow might not look as appetizing once he sheds his velvet, but this property may not be around for future seasons so there's no sense in passing on him to see what he turns into next season.

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Strother! I hope so too.

Looks to be a good year for acorn production TOO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408894605.893926.jpg

My helper yesterday... She was hunting frogs and crawfish. Just having a good time being a kid in the woods.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408894659.493664.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'll be looking forward to seeing your great pics scattered throughout this thread in the future. Bent brow would make a very nice bowkill and I hope you have other shooters coming around in the near future Sean. Good luck this season!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks solid to me. Nice buck. Hard to tell with one angle, but he doesn't look all that young. 3.5+ I am guessing? Good luck with him. Glad you are enjoying time with the youngsters out there!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys. Took my son out today for a walk in the drizzle.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409537558.249154.jpg

Pulled two cams from one spot to hang at another location. I put the time lapse mode on this camera, nothing to write home about. Some does and turkeys

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409537620.031919.jpg

No frogs were caught today but a clawless crawfish was...

View attachment 23647

Did a short exploration at another spot and stumbled across some pretty cool scenery.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409537668.248275.jpg

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks Guys. Took my son out today for a walk in the drizzle.

View attachment 23644

Pulled two cams from one spot to hang at another location. I put the time lapse mode on this camera, nothing to write home about. Some does and turkeys

View attachment 23645

No frogs were caught today but a clawless crawfish was...

View attachment 23647

Did a short exploration at another spot and stumbled across some pretty cool scenery.

View attachment 23646

Always well done Sean! You don't often come across a stone laid tunnel in the woods, pretty cool B&W pic TOO!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
There's an existing bridge built a few feet above the old stone one, but you'd never know it was there just driving down the road. It's a really cool spot for sure!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys. More pics from the weekend. We spent a good amount of time outdoors, which is how it should be.

Playing around with Nocturnals...

Dove feathers...

Scouting some new spots...

Pretending to be a rock climber...

Some pretty deep cuts in this creek running through the woods. The aerial photos & topo map doesn't show stuff like this...

Pinch points between the creek and farm fields all well worn trails...

Walked through plenty of these webs. Might as well stop and take a picture. I think this is an arrowhead orb spider based on the pictures I looked up. But I don't really know.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Exceptional pictures! Those are just great Sean. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. I really enjoyed them.