Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Curran's 2014 - 2015 all things outdoors Journal

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What a great write up! Enjoyed it thoroughly Sean! Congrats on taking a great looking buck! Thanks for sharing!

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Awesome pics and story, congrats on a great buck. And that tunnel photo on the first page is nice. I walk through one just like that to access some of my turkey hunting ground. Always afraid I'm gonna meet a copperhead in the dark!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I haven't updated much here. Bowhunted a few times with my buddy on a controlled archery hunt. We had some close calls, and even some opportunities but it just never worked out. I was drawn back on a doe on our last hunt there but she was nervous from getting pestered by a young buck so when I bleated to stop her she actually picked up the pace. Oh well...

Got my daughter out one afternoon. On the way to where we were gonna set up, we stopped to check a camera. Problem was somebody else already checked it and decided to steal it for themselves. First time I've had a camera stolen and I was pissed, but used it as an opportunity to talk to my daughter about right and wrong. She didn't need the lesson though as she informed me that God even has it in the bible that you're not supposed to steal. I was proud of her at that moment and we continued on to had a good outing with seven does spotted from the ground blind...

This past weekend was about ducks and dogs. We ended up with a few ducks and geese on Saturday morning. Timeber was nice enough to pose for some pics as the sun was coming up...

Sunday I took my son up to hunt with a buddy in Ashland for the youth upland weekend. He and his Dad run some awesome rabbit dogs so we hit them up first. We got on a good track right off the bat, but one of the dogs got cut up pretty good so we had to call them off and fix up the pooch. Plan B then came into play as we broke out one of their squirrel dogs...

Let me tell you what. I could get into running around the woods with dogs chasing squirrels!! Talk about fun!! We only hunted for a short bit but we treed several squirrels in no time at all, killed a couple, and laughed out asses off at some of the squirrel acrobatics that took place.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Awesome Sean! Great pics as usual, and it's great to see you and the family getting out to enjoy the wild in all forms!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys. It's funny, I now feel a sense of guilt when I go hunting without them. I love my alone time, and need it quite frankly, but I do feel bad not taking at least one of the kids along with me when I go.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Just a great thread Sean!
I always enjoy your eye regarding the picts.
Thanks for posting them.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks All!

Back in the stand this morning. Hated to have to climb down but needed to get some work done this afternoon. Saw young bucks moving the does around pretty steady today. Lots of fun watching these guys dog does around but the does don't want anything to do with them yet.