Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dante's 2014 - 2015 season

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Dave, shoot a bare shaft and then a fletched and take a picture for me. It might help with the broadheads

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Dave, shoot a bare shaft and then a fletched and take a picture for me. It might help with the broadheads

Brodhead or field point? Any certain distance? What angle do you want the pic taken from?
I figured out a problem with one of the arrows. Shooting buzzcuts and for some reason, one of the blades wobbled. I tried tightening the screw but it still won't hold still. Add that to the other one I've got to send to magnus.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio

Shooting good now. 3 arows from 20, 3 more from 30. Put on some broad heads as well. Not quite the same results, but not to bad.
Had Jesse shooting too. He's improved a lot. Still needs practice, but he's getting there.
Jason was hitting bullseye at 20 yards. He's pretty pumped too.

Yes Sir! Looking good right there! Won't be long fellas!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You need to shoot at 20 and into a foam target . Take a picture from the side and shoot with field points

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
That's on the public range at delaware. Lol. Bout 45 minutes from here. I've got a broad head target that will do. Just waiting for the grandkids to head home so I can have a little "me" time.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

The three with the yellow and white quick fletch that are high left are muzzy 100 grain. The three with the purple and black blazers are 100 grain magnus. (The one closer to the top is the one that "wobbles") as you can see the quickfletch muzzy makes a tighter group. I tried a little experiment and switched the magnus heads to the quickfletch arrows and the muzzy heads to the Blazers I fletched myself. The groups were almost identical to what you see. The quickfletch arrows held a tight group high left (even the wobbler) no matter which bead was on it. The ones I fletched myself stayed closer to the center but the group widened out.

I guess I need to get my bow tuned and either use quickfletch or get better at fetching them myself.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

The three with the yellow and white quick fletch that are high left are muzzy 100 grain. The three with the purple and black blazers are 100 grain magnus. (The one closer to the top is the one that "wobbles") as you can see the quickfletch muzzy makes a tighter group. I tried a little experiment and switched the magnus heads to the quickfletch arrows and the muzzy heads to the Blazers I fletched myself. The groups were almost identical to what you see. The quickfletch arrows held a tight group high left (even the wobbler) no matter which bead was on it. The ones I fletched myself stayed closer to the center but the group widened out.

I guess I need to get my bow tuned and either use quickfletch or get better at fetching them myself.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Weird thing about those quick fletch arrows, I spun all of them and all but one were so crooked (especially with broadheads) I set them aside.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
We will get to it this weekend probably. Unless you want to drop off and we get together this weekend

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
This weekend is good. Hopefully I don't have to work. I sort of remember how to get to your place, but I might need to have a little help, been a while lol. Unless you want to meet at cardinal, been meaning to get down there anyway.