Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dead head rules

Isaacorps

Columbus
Hay guys, anybody know the rules on keeping a dead head find? Need to let the wildlife officer know? Tag it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Jimbo is correct. Contact your County WO and show him pictures off your phone, give him info such as time, location and date that you found it. He should give you a salvage permit.
If it’s a monster? I’d keep the pics low key until he asks for them. I’ve never experienced this, but I’ve heard stories! Lol

Isaacorps

Columbus
Thanks guys, just finished up with local PD. He actually went out to where I found it lol. Got the carcass tag and I’m good to go.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I've usually just called and took pics. Had one for a few months before I finally got a tag for it they said yea we know about it when we get time I'll drop it off. Now when that guy found the 197 incher on the place my brother hunts (seen it from the road) they went out took pics and gave it to the guy. I tried to get it back since the guy trespassed but they still gave it to him the land owner wasn't to happy about that but we didn't push the issue much with it.