Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DIY e-caller

HeartLunger

I've viewed a few YouTube videos and websites that detail how to make a predator caller using off the shelf items. Most of these builds are $50 or less. The only downfall to these builds is they are wired. So if you want the caller 100 feet from you then you need 100 feet of cable connecting the MP3 player to the amp connected speaker.

It hit me today on a possible way to get around this. I plan on testing a wireless method tonight. If it works I'll let you all know here. If the wireless doesn't work I'll probably still detail my build for anyone interested in this easy project.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1449773069587.jpg

Just spend $80 and get one of these. I've only taken it out 3 times and I've called in 3 yotes with it.

HeartLunger

That's a good deal! I'm one of those fellas who likes DIY for the satisfaction. Also, I can mix my own calls with my DIY system. However, if none of this works out I'll be buying that one. Lol!

HeartLunger

I wired everything up last night. My idea for a wireless system worked, but the results were subpar. I used two walkie talkies, one at the receiver and one at the transmitter (mp3 player) and connected them using auxiliary cables. The walkie talkies caused a lot of static in the sounds so I connected everything directly to the amp and speaker and got good sound. I think I am going to try an FM transmitter next as long as I can find a battery operated radio to act as the receiver.