Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DJK Frank 16's Hunting Log

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352578140.458208.jpg

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Shaved the hair off a big doe lastnight right at last shooting light. Clipped a twig that I had been looking at all evening and couldn't reach to trim. When the sun went down I couldn't see it anymore and forgot about it. Sucks when you can't fill your tag at 5 yards. LOL. No blood at all, just a little bit of hair. Went back out this morning to be sure she wasn't hit worse than I thought. No blood at all. I walked the entire woods and nothing. I'm pretty confident she is OK.

Trying to think of a spot to get out of this wind tonight, 20mph with gusts to 29. I hate the wind...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Morning Hunts:1
Evening Hunts:4
Hours on Stand: 13.5

Bucks Seen: 1
Does Seen: 2
Fawns/Yearlings Seen:3

Shots Taken: 1
Harvests: 0

Total Deer Seen:6

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good to hear you got a shot at one Drake. Sorry you didn't tag her, but sounds good to be a clean miss. Well, close enough to a clean miss. lmao

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Hourly is showing the downpour coming to an end around 2-3PM. I will be in the CRP/Rut stand by 3:15 or so. Hopefully they are up on their feet tonight. This will be my last chance in the woods until Friday, hoping to make it count!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Morning Hunts:1
Evening Hunts:5
Hours on Stand: 16.5

Total Deer Seen:6

Updating the stats to reflect the skunk on Monday evening. I will be back out there Friday morning, depending on what happens I may pull my set until after Youth Gun is over. This section is known to get a lot of "unauthorized traffic" during the gun seasons. Hopefully I will bust one Friday morning and not have to worry about it!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Update to reflect two more skunks:

Morning Hunts:2
Evening Hunts:6
Hours on Stand: 22.5

Total Deer Seen:

Made a walk around Friday afternoon and the deer tracks and other sign are almost non existent now. The other guy who has permission on these properties coon hunt pretty hard, so I'm assuming he is blowing the deer out of the woods and to the corn.

Corn started coming off yesterday afternoon and I'm assuming it should be gone today. I yanked my stand, cameras, and some steps out Friday evening in preparation for the Youth Gun Season.

Not much hunting in the plans for this week with work and holiday coming up. Maybe a Thursday morning/Friday evening hunt, but as uneventful as the season has been so far I may just head to the lake and chase Crappie!

I will be able to switch to a 4x10 hour day schedule next week and hunt the gun opener, which I haven't done in a while, so that will be a fun change of pace. Wouldn't mine knocking one down for the freezer with the 870.