Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Editing a post

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
How long after we post something before it’s no longer able to be edited, corrected or added too?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Some of my mistakes take longer than 30 min. realize...:unsure:

Thanks Joe

Well the intent is it allows people to catch and correct their mistakes, but also preserves the original intent of the post. There have been instances where a debate breaks out and someone offers a rebuttal. Then the OP goes back and changes his post claiming that's not what he meant or never said that. When spirited debate happens and both parties are actively posting 30 minutes is a long time. I mean I could bump it to 60. If such intellectual dishonesty was to ever happen again I could easily look at the change log for the post.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Well the intent is it allows people to catch and correct their mistakes, but also preserves the original intent of the post. There have been instances where a debate breaks out and someone offers a rebuttal. Then the OP goes back and changes his post claiming that's not what he meant or never said that. When spirited debate happens and both parties are actively posting 30 minutes is a long time. I mean I could bump it to 60. If such intellectual dishonesty was to ever happen again I could easily look at the change log for the post.
F83D2D1D-6822-40E4-96EE-612BEF02B479.jpeg
6C8A47BD-C299-47BE-AE61-53E982BD6524.jpeg

Reactions: "J"