Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

favorite grunt tube

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Anyone have a favorite?

I loved my MAD hypergrowl or something like that but I freaking lost it!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
MAD Buck Growl... Not quite as versatile as the TruTalker or other reed-adjustable calls, but it makes the best sounding buck grunts IMO.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Primos Buck Roar. Not to be confused with the Jesse Roush Butt Roar. lol

Lmao! Good one!

IMO, I agree with JB. The MAD Buck Growl has the most real sounding grunt than the many others I've heard, bought or used. They all will turn a buck or bring em in most times but that call works great for me and sounds the best.IMO

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have a flextone buck collector. Probably the only piece of Michael waddel branded stuff I have. I love the sound of it. And you can even do a snort wheeze with it.

runhunter

I also have the Flextone, and I do like it, but my old trusty is the Tru Talker hands free... not sure what or why, but I've had more reaction to that little grunt than any I've owned

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HA! Good stuff Tom! :smiley_clap:

I have a flextone buck collector. Probably the only piece of Michael waddel branded stuff I have. I love the sound of it. And you can even do a snort wheeze with it.

I have one of these and like it pretty well. I do miss my old True Talker though...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I snort weeze with my mouth, just can't get a grunt deep enough lol

You made a great point. When they started putting that hollow chamber for the snort wheeze on these calls I about fell over! What a joke! Anybody can do that with their mouth and actually you still are but thru that chamber!WTF! What a marketing gimmick!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I snort weeze with my mouth, just can't get a grunt deep enough lol

You made a great point. When they started putting that hollow chamber for the snort wheeze on these calls I about fell over! What a joke! Anybody can do that with their mouth and actually you still are but thru that chamber!WTF! What a marketing gimmick!

ohio

And it worked lol, I'm gonna invent some water you spray on you that cools you off call it invisamist lol camo pakage with antlers, it will sell

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I TOO use the Primos Buck Roar. Have had some great luck with it. It has the widest range of grunting I have ever seen in a call.