Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelyshedded 2014-2015 Hunting Journal

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hang with it. As you know, it happens quick and will change the outcome of your season in a minute! We've been skunked the last three times out too, but I bet we won't be for long!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Most definitely Brock! Just a shame that we're told the numbers are high and my drives to and from work,sits and cams say otherwise!
I'll just keep on keepin.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks Jake it has to get better that's for sho!!!

Hunted this morning from 7:30 to 10:30 and got skunked again. I mocked two more scrapes about 20-25 yards on either side of this stand I hunted this morning. There has never been any scrapes in these two locations either so I'm curious if I'll be able to make them stay opened up throughout the season. We had a little rain this afternoon so I'll prolly have to freshen them back up next time I'm in there.

Bucks seen 0
Does seen 6
Bb seen 0
Turkeys seen 12+
Yotes seen 0
Owls seen 2

Hours on stand 31
Hunting trips 13

Shots at deer offered 5
Shots taken 0

Getting skunked 10 times in a row sucks but makes it real easy to update my stats! Rotf

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well it happens for you right out of the blue by Halloween often enough... and we are getting close to Halloween! Your time is coming!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Update

Hunted yesterday morning for 4 hours in Characters stand from 7:30-11:30 and got skunked. Pulled 3 cards within 30-300 yards of that stand that had a 6-7 day soak and had a few bucks on them but mostly all were at night and the best being 2.5-3.5 year old 120-130" deer. Very little movement. Only two videos a couple does on them.

I then got permission to hunt a 500 acre farm less than 2 miles away off to the east and sat in one of the existing stands there from 3:45 till 7 and got skunked there as well! I really thought I'd see something there as I was in a nice thicket bordering a huge 100 acre plus cornfield that just got picked! Didn't even hear a deer in all the crunchy leaf littler sprawled throughout this thicket. The honeysuckle choked understory was immense but I had several shot windows all around me.

Knocked down again but I'm determined more than ever to find these deerz! Lol

Bucks seen 0
Does seen 6
Bb seen 0
Turkeys seen 12+
Yotes seen 0
Owls seen 2

Hours on stand 38.25
Hunting trips 15

Shots at deer offered 5
Shots taken 0

Getting skunked 10 times in a row sucks but makes it real easy to update my stats! Rotf

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If nothing else, you may set a record for being skunked! Don't screw up and jump one on the way in!