Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fluteman's Journey of Excellence, or Lack Thereof

Big Weff

Athens
Awesome to hear that you got the itch back this year greg. Also, congrats on the new land. I also feel it needs to be said that you sir, have the hands of a surgeon. Not sure how far that video you shot was but i was damn impressed haha

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Looking forward to following you and your dads hunting adventures. Good luck to the both of you! If either of you need help tracking, dragging or celebrating a kill. Please give me a shout! I'd be glad TOO help!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Nice opening to what I hope is a grand season for you !

Best of luck on the 40!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Awesome to hear that you got the itch back this year greg. Also, congrats on the new land. I also feel it needs to be said that you sir, have the hands of a surgeon. Not sure how far that video you shot was but i was damn impressed haha

The buck video was taken with my phone through binos mounted to a tripod at probably 150y.

Got a real good look at a buck I've been watching this past week, last night. I knew he was a good deer, but by the time he made an appearance, it was too dark for me to tell exactly what he was. Last night, he was out feeding at 7:40, so there was a few good minutes of daylight left. He's a dandy eight! Gonna continue to monitor the situation, and form a gameplan!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
The buck video was taken with my phone through binos mounted to a tripod at probably 150y.

Got a real good look at a buck I've been watching this past week, last night. I knew he was a good deer, but by the time he made an appearance, it was too dark for me to tell exactly what he was. Last night, he was out feeding at 7:40, so there was a few good minutes of daylight left. He's a dandy eight! Gonna continue to monitor the situation, and form a gameplan!

Watched this buck again this evening. He was out and feeding at 7:30.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Get him killed!

It's gonna be tough work to get out there this evening, but if we work an eight today, I'll try my damnedest. I've watched that corner of the field six days out of seven, and he was there with shooting light five of those days. He's feeding in the same spot every evening. I'm not gonna cut any shooting lanes to the field tonight, so if I can't find a tree to hang in with an opening, I'm not gonna risk it. Winds are suppose to be out of the north today, which is great for where I wanna hang, that is unless he's coming from directly behind me, which I'm pretty certain he isn't.

The red triangle is where I've watched him from every evening. The yellow circle is where he feeds, and the cone coming off of it is where I suspect he's coming from.
Orange square is where I would like to hang. Exit would be south across the finger, then up the edge of the field and head out east.

Attachments

• Map (1).jpg
    Map (1).jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 284
Last edited: