Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Friends of Veto Lake

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Year #5 was another success. We've really made a dent in the amount of historical trash out there. I'd venture to say we've easily removed over 5 tons of trash from a 2 mile section of road around the lake, and at the two major fishing areas. I finally got the DOW to acknowledge our efforts and Officer Smith from Morgan County (covering for our GW who is out on medical leave) spent the morning with us and to his credit, filled 2 full bags of trash. We had over 20 people and were able to cover the full 2 miles for the first time ever. We covered twice as much ground and picked up half as much trash as we did the first year, which is a great measurement of our success.

With this year's momentum, I'm hoping to really blow it up next year. The goal is to match participation on the water with those on the road. A sweep on the banks by canoe and boat is the next step we need to take. This is a little dose of TOO Good!

1000007870.jpg

1000007874.jpg
1000007876.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Year #5 was another success. We've really made a dent in the amount of historical trash out there. I'd venture to say we've easily removed over 5 tons of trash from a 2 mile section of road around the lake, and at the two major fishing areas. I finally got the DOW to acknowledge our efforts and Officer Smith from Morgan County (covering for our GW who is out on medical leave) spent the morning with us and to his credit, filled 2 full bags of trash. We had over 20 people and were able to cover the full 2 miles for the first time ever. We covered twice as much ground and picked up half as much trash as we did the first year, which is a great measurement of our success.

With this year's momentum, I'm hoping to really blow it up next year. The goal is to match participation on the water with those on the road. A sweep on the banks by canoe and boat is the next step we need to take. This is a little dose of TOO Good!

View attachment 193877
View attachment 193878View attachment 193879
It’s really sad there was that much trash to be picked up in just 2 miles. 😳😡
Huge KUDOS to you and the girls for helping cleaning up the mess the SLOBS left behind. 👍🏻