Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Front end lift ....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am thinking about having a front end kit installed. For those of you that saw my truck, I'm only wanting to " level " it out with the rear, so nothing above & beyond. As tall as I am, I just think that would be ... me. I really don't know much about it, other than taking a glance on youtube. I wouldn't know where to go, or what price to expect, let alone any cons of doing this. Any suggestions guys ?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I got mine done last year. Took it to Wheeling Tire. It's called a leveling kit. No real cons. I've noticed a slight wobble at speeds of 75 or higher. Other than that my truck rides as it did before. I have a thread in one of the forums about truck leveling.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Its definitely a more affordable process than a total lift. Not sure what kind of truck you have but Cottis just done his dodge not to long ago.

You got it in their while I was typing Mike.

Ricer2231

You can look on 4x4 Hard Parts TOO.
I leveled my truck right after I got it because I hated that " hunting dog" look. But my truck is a Dodge and I am sorry but I know absolutely nothing about the newer Chevys. I did buy my kit off of eBay from a person in Boise Idaho that owns a suspension shop and makes the kits. Mine was less than $100.00 and I put it in with a buddy of mine.

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Kevin, all thats need is to crank your torsion bars a little, then either put on extended shocks or shock extenders. There is a fine line before cranking too far and throwing the front end geometry out, but 1-2" can be done quickly, easily, and cheap. If not, just get a set of new keys and shocks.