Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

fuggin potholes!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The wife hit a big pothole. Bent the rim on our car. i knew we were going to be replacing the front tires this year, at about$150 apiece. But i wasnt planning on replacing a $450 rim. Just what we needed.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Its for an 09 pomtiac G6. This rim is out of production. Lokked for one at local yards, no dice. Only place I have been able to find one so far is at the dealership.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Its for an 09 pomtiac G6. This rim is out of production. Lokked for one at local yards, no dice. Only place I have been able to find one so far is at the dealership.

Search online. eBay or online junk yards. etc. has to be one cheaper.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Was it in a parking lot by chance? Uncle's wife did that last year in the store parking lot and had the owners of the lot pay for the replacement rim ;)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
May not be right.......But heard something about potholes and rims. You may want to get a picture of the pothole plus one showing width and depth. Some counties I heard will help with replacement. May be worth checking into.

Huckleberry Finn

Dang....I've had good luck getting rims on Craigslist before. Drove to Ashland but bought 4 for the price of 1...prolly hot, but they didn't smoke on my truck :)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
car-part.com

That is one place. There will be others as well, but that is a pretty good one.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
can you post a picture of it? Might help if we can see it....

maybe when it comes back from the shop. We took it in to find out what was causing a vibration I was noticing. Thats how we found out about the rim. We also have to have a new ball joint and lower control arm. Should be back tomorrow.

Was it in a parking lot by chance?

No, It happened a few months ago out by the tracks on 309 headed toward marion.

You may want to get a picture of the pothole plus one showing width and depth. Some counties I heard will help with replacement. May be worth checking into.

it happened a while ago. Didnt notice anything wrong till last week. i started to notice a vibration. Thought it was a bearing going out or an alignment issue. The guy at the shop asked me if we hit something when he noticed the bad rim. The pothole has since been filled in. Besides, this is crawford county. Their asses are so tight, you couldnt pry a nickle out with a crowbar.