Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good day for my kids

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I got to hunt with my daughter this morning for the first time this season. When the turkeys started gobbling they were all across the road/hollow but they were fired up. At least 4 different groups. We did some calling and a couple of good ones seemed interested so we made a quick move and hopped in a blind. I used a Primos Hook Hunter mouth call when they were across the road. Before long they were in the bottom on our side. I then switched to the sweet sounds of the Sasquatch Custom Calls slate. The next 3 times he gobbled he was closer coming up the point. The Carissa said I see him. He was on a string and his buddy was following about 10 yards behind him. He got to 40 yards and blew up into full strut facing us but still coming. I saw her draw down on him and knew he was in trouble. At 32 yards the 20 gauge roared and he went down! The second bird jumped down the hill a ways and stood there. He just wouldn't come back up and I didn't take a long shot. I was happy with what we had. He's 20# with 1" spurs and a 9 7/8" beard.
IMG_1978.jpg
IMG_1982.jpg
IMG_1998.jpg
IMG_2002.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Congrats to both CarIssa and your son... Both very nice birds... Don't get any better than that...

Reactions: Spencie

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Very nice! Once again Tyler's bird is not as big as little sisters!!

You done a heck of a job raising that boy Mike, he's a lot of fun to be around.

Reactions: Spencie