Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Google Chrome Extensions

Huckleberry Finn

I haven't played around with too many Google Chrome Extensions, but I finally found one that I liked.

The initial page that comes up that lets you click on frequently visited sites is cool, but I felt like there wasn't enough control over what those sites are or changing them. This extension allows you to set them, and gives you 12 instead of 8, plus redesigns the bookmark bar and recently closed tabs...very nice.

The download is here, it's called 'Speed Dial'.

My homepage now looks like this:

speed dial.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Yayyyyyyyy.. Welcome to 2011 Google Chrome... Firefox has had it for a while. ;)

Huckleberry Finn

Yayyyyyyyy.. Welcome to 2011 Google Chrome... Firefox has had it for a while. ;)

Chrome has had it, this is just a user improvement...but, there's probably no doubt that Firefox is ahead of Chrome. I just prefer one over the other - let Firefox work out the bugs. (And then IE will pick up on it 5 years later too)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Chrome has had it, this is just a user improvement...but, there's probably no doubt that Firefox is ahead of Chrome. I just prefer one over the other - let Firefox work out the bugs. (And then IE will pick up on it 5 years later too)

I've never really had a bug with firefox. I run a ton of add-ons like ad blocker, website code debuggers, and a cool app that lets me download and rip flash videos from youtube. I also feel it's not as vulnerable to spyware etc.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I've always been a Firefox guy myself, I dabbled with Chrome when it first came out, really didn't have too many legitimate complaints, but nothing jumped out as being better than Firefox for me, so I never made the switch.

That's funny stuff right there Joe, sad but true!!

I actually use "Portable Firefox" now, running straight from my external hard drive wherever I go.