Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2012-2013 Hunting Log

Gordo

Athens County
Headed out with the grizzly in a couple hours on a property i havent hunted yet this year. Perfect day to put a stalk on.

12 yard maximum yardage

Gordo

Athens County
Great hunt. Stuck to the ground.

Had two does slowly coming my way, got to within 30 yards and then all hell broke loose.

A big old 2.5 year old came busting through chasing another group of does. He never got to close but was definitely doggin them hard.

The woods seem explosive right now! Awesome

Gordo

Athens County
Another great hunt!

Had the big old 8 point with the ridiculous g2's come by twice. First at 40 yards, then 30 minutes later at 12 yards. Second time he was on a doe.

Very cool to see my set work as planned. I went undetectected.

Gordo

Athens County
Gonna try to whack a doe with the recurve tonight.

Feeling confident in my shooting. Cut way back on the amount of arrows being shot but making the arrows i do shoot count.

Still not gonna shoot past 12 yards.

Gordo

Athens County
Had a doe at 12 yards. Clean miss with the recurve. Shot directly over her back. Im glad it was a clean miss! Left to right was perfect.

Got out of woods, shot another arrow, hit high on the target. Same thing.

A bit frustrated, but it could have been worse.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Had a doe at 12 yards. Clean miss with the recurve. Shot directly over her back. Im glad it was a clean miss! Left to right was perfect.

Got out of woods, shot another arrow, hit high on the target. Same thing.

A bit frustrated, but it could have been worse.

Cool stuff Gordo! Too bad you missed but you'll gain something from it. Most archers shoot high or over a deers back when shooting out of an elevated position. I imagine a trad bow high shot would be more drastic. Don't know. Good luck next time!

Gordo

Athens County
Ive been shooting dead nuts today. Still dont know how i missed yesterday. I may have hesitated and tried to 'aim'.

Just gotta keep shooting and get myself another close encounter and get it done next time.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's one of the charms of trad gear. Shooting fine, and then one just sorta leaves you. No idea what happened. hehe

Gordo

Athens County
Well i have not had shit for time lately to hunt. Im still in my normal routine of running cams to get my fix.

Ive also still been shooting the recurve like a man possessed. It doesnt take a whole lot of time or effort to walk out the back door and let some rip.

I'll say im shooting 100+ arrows a day, and its paying off.

Next time i get out and get a deer in range, i'm liking my chances.

The recurves becoming an extension of my arm, and im loving it.

Still got all of december and january to spill some blood, and i dont mind the cold!