Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey jesse! THis crazy rack?

Kaiser878

ohio
Killed in washington county!
Looks a lot like your crazy rack buck from last year! beams tipping down and lots of points!
http://www.dnr.ohio.gov/wildlife/dow/Photos/PhotoDetailHorizontal.aspx?m=&Gallery=Hunting&SubGallery=Deer&page=1&count=12&id=31858&pos=6

Last edited by a moderator:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sure looks like him. I checked her on the county auditor and assuming she killed it close to her home, then no it is not him...

Kaiser878

ohio
wow that is a crazy resemblence if it isnt him. Beams, brows, bases..etc.... Notto mention its next to impossible to predict how that deer would have developed the following year. but Id say that would be a pretty good candidate for how he could have looked!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yeah, I'm not saying it is not him because who knows?!? I might just have to track her down and see where she killed it at. Be "crazy" if it was!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The other thing that makes me think it could be him is the body looks small on the buck she killed and his body was small. He was injured and it would not surprise me at all if he was a small bodied 4.5 either...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It sure looks like him to me TOO! Like Zach mentioned earlier about all those characteristics being nearly spot on. Look at the flier on the G3 on his leftside and how many bucks have both mb's turned down in the same county!

Keep us posted Jesse! Good eyes Zach!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Man, that's crazy to see that buck and to see it came from Washington county. I'd say there's a decent chance this could be CR. A pic of his right front shoulder would verify it for sure!

deerslayer1985

non typical.jpgnon typical.jpgThat deer was killed on vickers rd. Go out county rd 3 towards the catfish pond, and turn left on greenhill rd. Go all the way to the end and turn right on vickers road. She killed it right back behind her place. They said that deer had like no teeth left. It was an old one.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, that's not him then, well, not unless he decides to take a road trip. That's roughly 20 or so miles from where CR was seen.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome deer nontheless! Congrats to her on an outstanding buck!

Thanks DS1985. Welcome to the site and thanks for the info.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
View attachment 5081View attachment 5081That deer was killed on vickers rd. Go out county rd 3 towards the catfish pond, and turn left on greenhill rd. Go all the way to the end and turn right on vickers road. She killed it right back behind her place. They said that deer had like no teeth left. It was an old one.

Sweet! Thanks for the insight! I was gonna stop out and talk to her this weekend just to give her the pics if it was the same deer. Like Greg said, that is a LONG ways from where CR was at. Still an awesome deer and it is simply unreal how similar those bucks are!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse how long has it been since you saw CR?

And as far as we know, he was not killed last year. Our camera intel this year in his core area was not on par with what it has been in the past, so we have no real knowledge of what happened to him after this picture...