Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hog hunting advice

Bigcountry40

Not much chance of getting permission in GA or Fl either.. Most of the land in GA are timber leases.. and them boy's are very protective. Florida has even less available land and any leases are high dollar.
I still hold my lease in southwest GA with a timber company, 500 acres,,, and i'm not about to give it up.

I find it funny how southerners will come up here and are for the most part welcomed with open arms, we go down south and want to kill a invasive species and they act like you are asking to sleep with their wife. I will say once you get into the ole boy network in hunt clubs etc, you're basically taken care of. I miss the south every single day!

Just 1 More

I find it funny how southerners will come up here and are for the most part welcomed with open arms, we go down south and want to kill a invasive species and they act like you are asking to sleep with their wife. I will say once you get into the ole boy network in hunt clubs etc, you're basically taken care of. I miss the south every single day!

Not sure about a southerners being welcomed with open arms up here... Wasn't the case with me and the guys I came here with.. But I 100% agree about them idiots down south that want to protect their invasive species,,, that all they do is bitch and complain about them and won't let anyone kill them unless you pay to play

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not much chance of getting permission in GA or Fl either.. Most of the land in GA are timber leases.. and them boy's are very protective. Florida has even less available land and any leases are high dollar.
I still hold my lease in southwest GA with a timber company, 500 acres,,, and i'm not about to give it up.
Yeah i forgot about the magnitude of deer camps that have everywhere leased. Same way in MS. My memory is s little skewed because i always had family land and a well known family so permission wasn't a problem.

Just 1 More

Yeah i forgot about the magnitude of deer camps that have everywhere leased. Same way in MS. My memory is s little skewed because i always had family land and a well known family so permission wasn't a problem.

All the timber companies have waiting lists of people looking for a lease.. It sucks but it's the way it's been for more than 30 years that I can remember.

Bigcountry40

c
All the timber companies have waiting lists of people looking for a lease.. It sucks but it's the way it's been for more than 30 years that I can remember.

Some Timber companies tried to screw over lease holders by double selling leases in NC, same land for deer, turkey, etc and then a separate lease for bear season. The club I belonged to almost lost everything. I believe it was the Weyerhaeuser timber Co.

Just 1 More

c

Some Timber companies tried to screw over lease holders by double selling leases in NC, same land for deer, turkey, etc and then a separate lease for bear season. The club I belonged to almost lost everything. I believe it was the Weyerhaeuser timber Co.

There are definitely good and bad situations with most things. I was very lucky to meet and talk with an ole Georgia boy named Holland Ware, Original owner of St Regis timber, St Regis paper, who in turn introduced me to his right hand assistant who handles all their leasing, Her and I became friends and that was more than 20 years ago. She called me last year and asked if I wanted to add to my lease as she just purchased 150 acres next door,, we jumped on it, no hesitation.

WVhunter

Check out double d ranch in MacArthur I believe it is in vinton co. I went on a hog hunt there this past fri. Had a great time. It was a hunt for sure the hogs werent tied to a tree. It would save you on a more expensive trip. Our guide was super. We worked through the mud and rain to get it done. First class all the way.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Check out double d ranch in MacArthur I believe it is in vinton co. I went on a hog hunt there this past fri. Had a great time. It was a hunt for sure the hogs werent tied to a tree. It would save you on a more expensive trip. Our guide was super. We worked through the mud and rain to get it done. First class all the way.
Well post some pi s of the dead oinkers will ya! :)