Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How much huntig gear do you lose every year?

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm getting tired of replacing stuff. I do my best to stay organized, but always manage to lose stuff. So far this year I've lost or misplaced:
Camo beanie cap $12
Breech plug for my Knight Wolverine $30 (replacement just came in the mail)
Full Box of Hevi 13 $28 (I still hope this turns up)
Flashlight $10

...and this is the stuff I know is missing.

Huckleberry Finn

Although I always leave a bunch of stuff behind, it normally catches up to me.

Can't find my foldable tree saw though.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I usually don't lose much, but somehow i cant find my turkey vest :smiley_blackeye:. But I always manage to leave something at the house..always!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I rarely lose anything, but I misplace shit all the time! I have a bad habit of "outsmarting" myself. I'll stick it somewhere I think is a good place at the time and it will turn out to be a place I never look again. I've found stuff 2-3 years later and it's like Christmas when you find it!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I rarely lose anything, but I misplace shit all the time! I have a bad habit of "outsmarting" myself. I'll stick it somewhere I think is a good place at the time and it will turn out to be a place I never look again. I've found stuff 2-3 years later and it's like Christmas when you find it!!!

Dealing with a little of that myself right now...

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I have a real bad habit of always coming up with just one glove!!! or if I do have a pair they are both lefts or rights, I'm sure there is someone walking around out in the woods and wondering who is this dumb fugger that keeps losing one glove!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I dropped a nice pair of 10X42 bino's in the woods last year while tracking a coyote through 6" of snow. I am sure some lucky deer hunter found them.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yessir on the gloves. One missing or you find 2 lefts or 2 rights. What the heck?

I think my issue stems from driving different vehicles. The gear comes from the same place. You where it in the same and carry it out the same. If I drive a different vehicle and leave stuff in there, it gets lost. What might be the thought of "I am hunting in the morning, I can leave this in here" turns into "Where in the world did that range finder get to?"

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i always seem to lose grunts or turkey calls most of the time i find them in my sons toy box, just payback for me always takin my dads things when i was younger.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Not to bad about losing things in the woods, more of a problem misplacing them around home.
Probably the worst thing I ever lost was I my box call last spring. It was made by a friend that taught me to turkey hunt, it was really really nice, gobblers liked it too. I think it fell out of my vest pocket when I took the vest off at the truck. Didn't notice it was missing till my next trip out.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Yessir on the gloves. One missing or you find 2 lefts or 2 rights. What the heck?

I think my issue stems from driving different vehicles. The gear comes from the same place. You where it in the same and carry it out the same. If I drive a different vehicle and leave stuff in there, it gets lost. What might be the thought of "I am hunting in the morning, I can leave this in here" turns into "Where in the world did that range finder get to?"

Funny you mention a rangefinder. A few years back I took my BIL out to shoot my slug gun. I ttik the range finder to set the targets at know distances. Well we get home and the rangefinder is missing. Looked all over went back to the property and looked for over an hour. Finally got on my quad and went up and down the gravel road where the property was located and found the rangefinder in the ditch probably 1/4 mile down the road. Some minor scuffs but its still working today. I must have left it on the roof of the truck and never heard or saw it fall.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I misplace every thing at my house or find it in my truck and then throw it in the garage. Only to find it later and still not put it away. Now there is a jackass that hunts the same farm I do that drops anything he takes to the woods. I got tired of always picking up after him so now it goes home with me.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The battery cover from my range finder. it fell from my treestand and never managed to find it.
The lens covers from the scope on my .22
and a glove.

nothing major yet. just aggrivating.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

This describes me to a T. It seems like everyday I'm looking for something that I put in a special spot so I wouldn't lose it. lol

epe

Lancaster
I missplace crap all the time. Ended up buying another turkey choke tube because I couldn't find it.. Ended up finding it in my waterfowl gear in the fall.. :mad: