Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Howdy from Springboro

matt hougan

Dayton area
Curran said hes been hanging around here so I figured I'd sign up and say hi. Although primarily a duck hunter I will be doing quite a bit of deer hunting. Two man ladder stand is up so I can have my kids with me. Even picked up a used Horton crossbow for the kiddos to shoot a deer with. I am pretty excited about the kids getting to bow hunt. More chit chat later...

Quack!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Welcome to TOO Matt!

Hope you enjoy... as you can see there's a couple knuckle heads around here, but for the most part they're alright.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Welcome Matt - great bunch of guys here with tons of experience, look forward to ya sharing pics of dead geese, then more dead geese.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Hey thanks for the warm welcome. I mentioned that I am more of a duck hunter then deer hunter. I normally shoot the first adult animal that walks under my stand so that I can get back to duck hunting. Mainly I get pretty bored pretty quickly sitting in a tree stand, unless I feel like I'll see some deer. I shoot an old Hoyt Raptor Carbonite that I bought new in 1995. It's still quite and fast enough. Soon enough I'll get a used Trykon, but for now the antique Raptor still gets'm dead. I am pretty excited about bow hunting with my kids. Just bought an unused Horton Hunter Supreme for them to hunt with. Here some pics for fun.

I don't get into all the bs about bow hunting is better than gun hunting or this broadhead is better than that one. I did eight years as a pro staff duck and goose caller and got pretty burned out on all that ford vs. chevy garbage. Don't get all excited about a 170" deer, although if I ever had one in my sights I bet I'd pee myself...LOL My heart races at the sight of even a doe sneakin in. Whats better is seeing my kids heart skip a beat and gasp for air when my kids see them. For me it's all about the thrill of the experience and not the tools you used. For me it's much more manly to love on your kids and show them how it's done, than it is to kill a monster.

Last edited: