Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I Know Santa killed Rudolf

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So update, after things settled and got more to the story. Yes he did shoot him at 70 yards but that didnā€™t kill him. He sliced him open between the antlers cutting skin and putting a groove on his skull. After that he kept ā€œmehā€ and grunting w himouth and the deer walked to him at 30 yards then turned broadside. He was already drawn back when deer was approaching. Seen it sink in lodging in opposite should and he said he started yelling. I guess so w that kind of action. The deer ran 40 and stopped, he could see blood squirting everywhere. Thatā€™s when he called me and everything (story) was all over the place šŸ˜‚. Sorry for the confusion.

For the record I nor Hunter condone shooting 70 yards at a deer, but he got caught up in the moment the way things took place. His PB and has an amazing story to go with it. Iā€™m one proud Dad of what I have raised but all the credit goes to him for how heā€™s turned out. Just wish I was there to share that moment.

Thanks for the congrats, this is great to share w like minded hunters. Shot w a 1 3/8 grim reaper.

I asked him about the bullet hole. Itā€™s in the back of a main beam. Hunter thinks itā€™s a 22 bullet. Heā€™s duck hunting this morning and will probably roll to the camp tonight. I told him I wouldnā€™t shoot the 10 pt but since heā€™s been laying them down I just might lol. He said donā€™t I need to finish my trifecta šŸ˜‚. Hope he donā€™t step out this morning.