Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I missed a golden opportunity

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
As some might remember, I lost my hunting land with it being sold earlier this year. My BIL had a opportunity to unload the land since he's getting up into his 70's and his wife desperately wanted to move into town. Anyway, had I known ..... I've always wanted to find arrowheads and a dead body ( yeah, kinda morbid ) while out and about but never have. I got home from work yesterday & the wife tells me she has some news for me. My first thought was the land. The guy that bought the place has been building a new garage there before my BIL has moved out, & I guess while he was doing some excavating ( why I don't know ) up in the woods, he came across a root cellar that my BIL never knew existed. I guess he also dug up remnants of a still as well. While he was examining his treasures, he noticed some arrowheads. While he was rooting around looking for more .... he actually found human remains !! I shit thee not !!! He found a few bones of a hand I was told. He called the county Po Po & they've been in & out. He can't continue working until they're done, obviously. With all that being said, I guess a previous owner from back in the late 1800's came up missing & it's the initial belief that it's him. I suppose some anthropology group will come in from OSU & snoop around. Someone I know nearby built a house a number of years back & they found a native american woman that was buried where they were excavating & OSU was called in.

Anyway, that would be a cool place to get the metal detector involved with. Oh wait, it won't be me. Fuck.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Never know what you'll find in the woods. Lots and lots of history burried out there.