Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I wish I was smoking

Are you using the Scent Smoker this year

• Nope, but I'm smoking my clothes over an open fire.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
I love the thing. Hunted with it last yr for the first time after hearing all of you talk about it. 1 question (unintentional thread hijack)...

Does anyone else's smoker get black tar around the lid ring making it damn near impossible to open? I used the chips the sent with it...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I love the thing. Hunted with it last yr for the first time after hearing all of you talk about it. 1 question (unintentional thread hijack)...

Does anyone else's smoker get black tar around the lid ring making it damn near impossible to open? I used the chips the sent with it...

Yep.. Just Open the lid and use to torch to burn i off...

Don't feel bad... I felt like a "why didn't i think of that" dumbass to when Jesse told me... LOL

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I was thinking the same thing swan, it doesnt make me want to hurl, but i think i am going to change my wood chips this year. hickory is just TOO easy to find. I can get a pretty nice sized bag of them at lowes all year around.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I chop my own oak chips out of a piece of firewood. I'm cheap.

Cheap and queer... You probably already have a cape for the annual parade. The one Haleybrock will be buying me is gonna look manly, with a big SB on it! You have no idea how deadly I'll be now that I am the picture of fitness!

BTW, Randy, do you get a hangover when you drink "fruity" beer? Seriously?

Buckmaster

Portage
I'm still a skeptic. I'm afraid to try it unless someone sponsors me. :smiley_crush: Don't you know smoking can hurt you? See what smoking did to Uglycat. :smiley_blackeye:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cheap and queer... You probably already have a cape for the annual parade. The one Haleybrock will be buying me is gonna look manly, with a big SB on it! You have no idea how deadly I'll be now that I am the picture of fitness!

BTW, Randy, do you get a hangover when you drink "fruity" beer? Seriously?

No but your wiener shrinks, so I've been told..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And if you ever put orange in a Belgian white or hefeweizen it turns into an instant innie..