Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Iks too......

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Thanks guys. It was me. Since we have no quality bucks right now I set my sights on one of our 7 point cull bucks. We have a 2 year old, a 3 year old, a 4 and a 5+. I set up with the 4 year old in mind. I have a lot of history with this deer. My daughter in law named him Dumbo as a 2 year old 8 point. At the time I thought he was going to be a really cool 20" wide crab clawed 8 point some day. At 3 he didn't improve much and this year he regressed to a 7 point. Around 4:40 a doe and 2 BBs stepped into the food plot. I looked the doe over hard thinking she looked tasty. They fed right up to my position. Just before shooting light left I caught movement on the 4 wheeler path and realized immediately it was a buck and had that feeling it was Dumbo. Sure enough he stepped into the food plot and headed straight for the doe. At 30 yards I let him have it and put a second in him running through plot. He piled up within 60 yards. His rack is a huge disappointment but I'm thankful for the opportunity and history. Going back in the morning with my daughter...too bad she couldn't go this eve.

IMG_1602.jpg