Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Insane Stupidity

At the range I shoot at there is a guy who shoots an old 1970's compound. This guy always seems to becoming up with crazy ideas to modify or repair his equipment. I've seen him cut off ten inch long strands of delaminated carbon fiber from his Gold Tip XT Hunters. I've witnessed him pack his arrows full of dirt and other strange things. He also brings his son with him just to help him find the arrows he losses. I thought I have seen the worst the could come up with until today. This dumb ass tried to repair a Robbin Hooded arrow by using super glue and serving material. I each time I see this guy I tell him what he is doing is extremely dangerous then leave the range. Just imagine a guy that looks like Riverdude dressed in a blue cotton track suit with a back quiver packed full of beat to shit Gold Tip arrows. While he shoots an ancient compound wearing leather work gloves. Oh and he drives a white cargo van. (Sorry RD this guy looks a lot like you) I've never met anyone like this guy in the sport.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wow

Surprised we have not seen him on youtube with an arrow stuck in his hand or a bow blowing up. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near that dude at the range lol.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Nope. A few days ago he shot at my 5 spot paper target that I had up. I asked him nicely not to shoot my paper target because I was shooting to see where my score was at. Mind you this is a 4X4 bale. He didn't listen so I smoked his arrow.

Nice!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Nope. A few days ago he shot at my 5 spot paper target that I had up. I asked him nicely not to shoot my paper target because I was shooting to see where my score was at. Mind you this is a 4X4 bale. He didn't listen so I smoked his arrow.

Haahahaha. :smiley_clap:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So I shouldn't be using duct tape on my arrows?

Loved the part about you robinhooding his arrow! Talk about the ultimate eff you. haha

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

You made my day with this one Tom!!!!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
At the range I shoot at there is a guy who shoots an old 1970's compound. This guy always seems to becoming up with crazy ideas to modify or repair his equipment. I've seen him cut off ten inch long strands of delaminated carbon fiber from his Gold Tip XT Hunters. I've witnessed him pack his arrows full of dirt and other strange things. He also brings his son with him just to help him find the arrows he losses. I thought I have seen the worst the could come up with until today. This dumb ass tried to repair a Robbin Hooded arrow by using super glue and serving material. I each time I see this guy I tell him what he is doing is extremely dangerous then leave the range. Just imagine a guy that looks like Riverdude dressed in a blue cotton track suit with a back quiver packed full of beat to shit Gold Tip arrows. While he shoots an ancient compound wearing leather work gloves. Oh and he drives a white cargo van. (Sorry RD this guy looks a lot like you) I've never met anyone like this guy in the sport.

OUCH!!!! Dang that one hurt Archer, lol. You need to get a picture of him, I can't believe there is another guy out there that looks and is a buff as me. rotflmao For the record I shoot a Browning Mirage with a overdraw, one pin, and shoot with a scott release and my arrows our Easton ACC's. I don't drive a van and live down by the river either. :smiley_clap: I drive a black chevy 4 x 4.